How can I pay my Edenort bill

kraash29

Jun 3, 2008
Hi,
We have a beautiful home in Sosua, at the moment I am living in the UK and need to pay the electricity bill. I am having a problem because I cannot send Edenorte emails, they are all blocked, does any one know their IBAN and swift numbers so that I can pay at my bank.
I am desparate as it must be paid by the 6.6.08

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Hi,
We have a beautiful home in Sosua, at the moment I am living in the UK and need to pay the electricity bill. I am having a problem because I cannot send Edenorte emails, they are all blocked, does any one know their IBAN and swift numbers so that I can pay at my bank.
You must have a friend in Sosua that could take care of that untill you get back or send him the $$. Better than having your money lost in the Edenorte "system"

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
The easiest way to do so probably would be calling their tel and paying by credit card. Probably someone who lives in Puerto Plata could share the telephone number.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Hi,

If you are stuck I will go and pay it for you.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
The easiest way to do so probably would be calling their tel and paying by credit card. Probably someone who lives in Puerto Plata could share the telephone number.

Tel No for EdeNorte in Puerto Plata is (Intn code) + 809 261 1844
Tel No for EdeNorte in Sosua is (Intn code) + 809 571 1844

Once connected you wait for instructions to finish the press '0'. Be prepared for a wait :pirate: :ermm: :bored: & then give your information (in Spanish) to the person responding. You can use your credit card to pay. The whole process (once connected to an actual person) should take about 5 minutes!!

When you are here next, go see EdeNorte & see about getting a facility to pay the bill 'On Line'! ~ Grahame.

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
Why not pay online..........

We pay ours online...........We get an "ebill" on the 13th or so of everymonth and then we can login to EDENORTE DOMINICANA S.A. and pay with a credit card..............

VERY EASY..........and have not had a problem...........we've been doing it for over 2 years.............and we have more than one bill that we get and they can all be seen together and paid together or separately.........

Skippy1

Feb 21, 2008
If when you come back to the DR it is possible to arrange a payment in advance with the electricity companies. It will come as a shock to them and you may have to wait a while for the clerk on the desk to check with every supervisor, manager and the board of Directors but eventually they will work out how to do it.
My friend in NY pays his water and Electric bills 3 months in advance which normally covers him until he returns to the DR.
If he is for any reason delayed I can make the payment for him but it has never happened yet.
I believe he has agreed a special low rate with them (EDeSur) just to keep the connection.

Skippy1

kraash29

Jun 3, 2008
hi everyone, thanks for all your great suggestions. Unfortunately I am still learning Spanish, but my brother and his family live in Spain. Through them I have managed to pay with my credit card.
Hope to chat to you all again soon. Cant wait to get "back Home".

kraash29

Jun 3, 2008
I wonder if you can tell my why my emails cannot be sent to Edenorte, they just come back saying that they have been blocked

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Emails use anyname@anydomain.com (or .com.do , .net, etc... among others)
I tried ALL the variables of those above PICHARDO but anything with any name &/or any domain brought nothing up about Codetel or EdeNorte!!!!!:cheeky::ermm::cheeky:

Being VERY simplistic kraash29, does the e-mail address you are using have 'codetel' or 'verizon' ANYWHERE in the e-mail address? If it has Codetel anywhere in the address you are (most likely) using the correct address & you need to check with EdeNorte why you are being refused acceptance. If VERIZON appears anywhere in the address, you are (definitely) using the wrong address! If this is the case, substitute the letters 'V.E.R.I.Z.O.N' for "C.O.D.E.T.E.L.' & try again ~ Grahame.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
I have just rung Edenorte in Sosua & they tell me THAT e-mail address does not work (or is normally refused) for some reason I didn't catch!!

I looked through the webpage (www.edenorte.do.com) & found I had given you an incorrect Tel number for paying bills at Sosua too, it should be (intn. code) + 809 571 3844. Don't bother ringing it at the moment ........... Puerto Plata & Sosua tel. no's to pay bills just go into FAULT mode!!

If you send an e-Mail to edeunezb@edenorte.do.com , .......... I am informed that should get through!! Good luck & PM me if you have further probems & people actually IN Sosua can't get you the information. ~ Grahame.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
EDENORTE DOMINICANA S.A.

Client Services:
Sosua
Edificio Erich Hause Local 101, Carretera Sosua, Cabarete
Adalgiza Martinez
809-571-3724

Principal Oficina Comercial
Calle Beller no. 74

809-970-0040 / 809-970-0307 / 809-970-0295

The Email client for Edenorte is kaput!!! Is mostly an out server than anything else with auto responders and mass delivery to clients....

Call any of the numbers and good luck in finding a "fully" capacitated person to deal with your question/request...

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
krassh29,

We live in Sosua. We have a PayPal acct that you can transfer the money to us, plus the transfer fee. We can pay your Edenorte bill this week as ours is due also.

PM me with the exact name, address, acct. number and amount and we can work this out quickly.

Regards, Ringo

BTW. Please feel free to ask others if I'm sincere or honest.

Last edited:

kraash29

Jun 3, 2008
Hi Ringo, Many thanks for the offer, but I have managed to pay the bill, via Spain,lol, my brother and his family live there and fortunately for me speak spanish. Where abouts do you live?