Post Thanks / Like

Default HELP! Buying a wheelchair in Santo Domingo

Hello everyone!

I'm hoping someone out there will be able to help me! My father in law is recovering from a heart attack and is very weak and is in desperate need of a wheel chair. I'm in Canada and don't even know where to begin to look for one for him in Santo Domingo. Does anyone know any names of places that I could look up on the internet of possibly call.

Your help is TRULY appreciated!!!!

Thanks

Susan

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Call Farmaconal, Tel 809 381-0906. They have starting at RD$7,700. They are located at Jose Andres Aybar Castellanos (Mexico) 155 in SAnto Domingo.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BocaChicaBeauty View Post
    Hello everyone!

in desperate need of a wheel chair.
    Did his doctor recommend putting him in a wheel chair? Can he walk? I would suggest liaising with his doctor first, before buying one.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

If he has a way to receive things ordered off the net, i.e. a package service, thereīs a company called Dr. Leonardīs that my wife got her chair from for 205.00 US, with shipping included. It works very well and has been a good alternative to traveling from the states with a chair for us.
    Good luck in your search!

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

The RD$7,700 would be about equivalent to US$205, plus it includes the cargo costs that should be considerable on a chair shipped from the US. Also, buying locally the user can try it out before making the purchase.