Summer camps

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Options to look into for the kids this summer:

Campamento Internacional de Futbol 2008. Trainers and players will be guest coaches from Spain, USA and Argentina for this soccer summer camp. For more information, contact 809 732-7826 or email campamento@nuevocielo.com

While this is an option for improving English, it is also an option for learning Spanish:
Get Smart at Lux Mundi Summer Camp 2008. 25 June-23 July 8am to 1pm. For children 5-11 years. Apply by 6 June. Tel 809 563-2826 Ext. 246 or getsmart2008@luxmundi.edu.do

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
wow, one thing i have dreamed about [and wondered] is why Dominicans do not have an interest in futbol/soccer, i have no doubt that with the proper training DR can make a name for itself in this sport!

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
wow, one thing i have dreamed about [and wondered] is why Dominicans do not have an interest in futbol/soccer, i have no doubt that with the proper training DR can make a name for itself in this sport!

Football is popular in Jarabacoa, but without the interest throughout the country it means limited competition. My step-son has played soccer from a very young age and just made the rep soccer team here in Belleville ,Ontario(Comets) for age 16-19. MVP on his high school team(with 3 Brazilian and 2 Mexican youths on the team). There are several Dominicans playing professional in Europe, but yes you would think with the Spanish descent there would be more interst.

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
Wow Chirimoya, I had NO IDEA soccer had such a history in DR! I want to see an organized game and hope that the country can continue to grow and love the game. I would love to see DR play in qualifying rounds...believe me after seeing my country [Ecuador] make an impressive run in 2006 it shows me anything is possible and with heart, will and desire. Any games or schedules for summer 2008?

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Other summer camps to consider for those wanting to learn Spanish or English...

Campamento Pinto's Summer Adventure in Sabana de la Mar, RD.
At the horse-raising operation of the owner of Colegio Bilingue New Horizons, Rancho Don Rey. 23 June-4 August. Weeks can be taken. Optional excursions to Cueva Fun Fun, Ca?o Hondo, Los Haitises. Contact: f.crespo@gcnewhorizons.net

New Horizons school also has a summer camp at their Santo Domingo facility.