Staying in Casa Linda...I have some questions (sosua/cabarete) come one, come all!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoboNegro

Feb 5, 2008
First off...I just want to thank everyone in for previously answering most of my question in past threads and thank you in advance for answering my new set of questions (quiz) ..j/k..
So i'll be touching down in POP thursday morning 6/5...and will be staying at the Residencial Casa Linda...and plan on moving around a lot in Sosua and making some trips to Cabarete.

My intentions for this trip is to relax, mingle with the locals (chicas to be frank), get drunk..and sight-see/explore. I'm traveling with a bunch(pack) of guys? the number is in double digits but i know we'll end up clicking up and separating...

1) How far is Casa Linda from the main area/beach in Sosua (Calle Pedro Clisante)? Is there any other streets I should be looking for? Which beach is the best?
Bancos?Mercados?Restaurants?Electronic Appliances..to be straight forward, I need to purchase atleast a decent boombox for our cook-out/pool parties and no we are not a rowdy bunch?...I dont need any specific names for the stores/banks/markets...but in the vicinity of calle pedro clisante, should i be able to find everything I'm looking for?
2) We plan on renting a car? Where can I find a map of the North Coast...I can't find an efficient one online...
3) In Cabarete, is there any particular playa I should want to see? I heard Cabarete is a slightly more upscale? Which are the best bars/discos and/or strip clubs?

I know Marc (Rocky) will probably jump in here? I know we chatted slightly a few months back...believe me I will stop in for a bite..I'll make sure I introduce myself if i catch u in the restaurant

Oh yea! Anything that I do experience down there I'll make sure I post many pictures for the board, so all input good or bad is appreciated? I'll use this thread as my tourguide

Thanks again

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Maps are readily available in most supermarkets, and definitely at the Super super liquor store, here in town.
I don't know the linear distance of Casa Linda to downtown Sosua, but I'm going to guess that it's 2 miles.

Bring a boombox with you.
You'll have 100 times more selection where you are and pay half the price.

Cabarete is one big wall to wall beach and any spot is good.
You can wander around for the ideal spot.
Restaurants will cost you 50% more than in Sosua, if not double, but, it's a worthwhile experience, one evening to dine right on the beach in candle light.

Banks abound in Sosua (7 of them) so you'll have no problems there.

dtown_4life

Jan 3, 2008
Loved it

Spent the second leg of our trip in Sousa/Puerto Plata..You will love your Villa in Casa Linda..I hope you didn't have the one we were in;)

We sent most of our time re-fueling at Rocky's

Status
Not open for further replies.