Pedro Mcmurphy's in sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I have had the pleasure of meeting Garth and his beautiful wife who are the new proud owners of this establishment.

The location is next to Rocky's , but their food is not quite as good.

I ran into Garth tonight and he is asking our readers which establishment has the better food and overall service.

Rocky's has slow service, however the food is consistent and the staff cordial.

I asked Garth how much it would cost to entertain my wedding and he said " no such girl exists"

Anyone that knows me , knows I have the hottest girl in town!

She's back on thursday and will be wearing a 4 carat ring .....thank-you very much.

bakersindr

Jan 2, 2008
members.shaw.ca
When was the place sold? When we were down there in February we went there quite often as we enjoyed the food, cleanliness etc. The owners were exceptionally friendly and we closed down the bar chatting with them over Cuba Libre's a couple of nights.

heliace

On Vacation!
Mar 27, 2004
Pedro Mcmurphy's in Sosua has the best breakfast, great daily specials,friendlier and sexier waitresses and one of the owners is pretty good looking too. (Sorry Garth...you are a nice guy tho).
As for the hottest girl in town..hehe....you lose Mike. Oh, and mine was happy with a smaller rock.:bunny:;):bunny:

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
Do what......?

As for the hottest girl in town..hehe....you lose Mike. Oh, and mine was happy with a smaller rock.:bunny:;):bunny:

I did a double take there - thanks heavens you said ROCK!

:laugh:

Not so respectable rio

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004
i think Rocky's has GREAT food, and if it wasn't for the slow service i'd be eating there daily. sadly, the service is way to slow so for pizza i go to Alberto's, for burgers to Morua Mai, and steaks and pastas to Andy's. McMurphy's burgers are ok.

Rumble2005

Mar 18, 2006
We spent 3 weeks in Sosua this past winter . FWIW we found Pedro's to have the best happy hour that we had found. I also like the fact the the kitchen is open and clean looking. There waitresses are REALLY cute also.

korejdk

Bronze
Dec 29, 2006
i think Rocky's has GREAT food, and if it wasn't for the slow service i'd be eating there daily. sadly, the service is way to slow so for pizza i go to Alberto's, for burgers to Morua Mai, and steaks and pastas to Andy's. McMurphy's burgers are ok.

where's Alberto's ?

wishingiwasthere

Nov 19, 2005
You have just reminded me of the pizza resturant oppo Eddies sports bar.
That resturant did great pizza at a fantastic price - whats the name of it??

A

apostropheman

Il Molino :)
You have just reminded me of the pizza resturant oppo Eddies sports bar.
That resturant did great pizza at a fantastic price - whats the name of it??
If I happen to be craving pizza after the restaurant at Rocky's is closed then that's where I order from...although I think the pizza at Rocky's is top notch and well priced, like everything there...

A

apostropheman

I have had the pleasure of meeting Garth and his beautiful wife who are the new proud owners of this establishment.
Congrats to Garth et al on their new venture.

mike l said:
Hard to argue with that! ;):bunny::bunny:

The quality and price of the food at Rocky's has never been questioned by any credible poster. In fact it seems that many, perhaps most, people choose to use Rocky's as the benchmark to compare other restaurants in the area against.

It must be a tough job, for Marco, being the best and the object of such envy :D:bunny::bunny:

mike l said:
I ran into Garth tonight and he is asking our readers which establishment has the better food and overall service.
That said I'm surprised that Garth has not spoken up as many of the things said in this thread do not ring true.:surprised I'd really like to hear from Garth that he has actually said the things attributed to him...as I bet others would as well.

What do you say brother?

mike l said:
The service at Rocky's has sped up considerably in the new year, due in large part to Marco listening to customer comments and reacting, to change for the better. The days of alleged "slow service" at Rocky's are ancient history! Not that I ever really thought there was an issue, in fact I always like the more relaxed pace. If I want to be in a rush I'll stay at home in the rat race. When on vacation I want to relax and enjoy my meals. The fine staff, and interesting guests, at Rocky's just add to the overall package.

Small wonder that Rocky's is so popular, and deservedly so!

bakersindr

Jan 2, 2008
members.shaw.ca
One more try here. Has the ownership changed since February this year? The owners at that time were amazingly friendly and we were looking forward to seeing them again when we head down there in August.

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007

I asked Garth how much it would cost to entertain my wedding and he said " no such girl exists"

Anyone that knows me , knows I have the hottest girl in town!

She's back on thursday and will be wearing a 4 carat ring .....thank-you very much.

Least we forget the original post, sounds more and more like the
The Big Mac vs. The Whopper! :bored:

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
The service at Rocky's has sped up considerably in the new year, due in large part to Marco listening to customer comments and reacting, to change for the better. The days of alleged "slow service" at Rocky's are ancient history! Not that I ever really thought there was an issue, in fact I always like the more relaxed pace. If I want to be in a rush I'll stay at home in the rat race. When on vacation I want to relax and enjoy my meals. The fine staff, and interesting guests, at Rocky's just add to the overall package.

Small wonder that Rocky's is so popular, and deservedly so!

WHAT? Marco fired Sonya? (the devil made me say that.)

Mar 2, 2008
Rocky's wait staff is very good quality. Over the past year or so Rocky has hired 2 or 3 new waitresses, and they are super; friendly, intelligent, with excellent work ethic.

The issue isn't the perforance of one or two employees, but rather how the overall staff performs.

Anyone aware of DR labor laws knows it is costly and difficult to get of long-term employees. The staff at Rocky's is as good as any restaurant in Sosua.

This comment is not intended to be a comparison of Rocky's and Pedro McMurphy's, which I also have been to, and enjoied very much (the fish and chips was excellent). It is simply a comment about the effort that goes into maintaining an excellent staff. It is no easy task, and I applaud all the fine restaurants in Sosua for doing an great job doing so.

heliace

On Vacation!
Mar 27, 2004
Hey apostropheman, are you a silent partner? Or, just like a dark tan on your nose?
Rocky lost customers to Pedro's and had to speed up service. Suddenly after all these years the service is faster??? Hmmmm

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
You know, I'm tired of this. I don't find an honest and clear third party recommendation of this restaurant here and I find too many comments that seems underhanded. If you have an honest review of this restaurant, please feel free to post it.
Mike l, this is the 2nd thread of this nature that you started that is getting closed. My suggestion is that you don't start another one.
Closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.