Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    37,612
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Codetel DNS Problems

    I've been getting a ton of DNS messages lately. Does anyone have an IP to a good DNS server? I'm on the Codetel default.

    TIA

  2. #2
    DR1
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    0
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    This is what we use at DR1 along with our own DNS server.

    https://www.opendns.com/start

  3. #3
    Gold
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    9,767
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    This is what we use at DR1 along with our own DNS server.

    https://www.opendns.com/start
    I use this also and it works great. OpenDnS. Just follow the instructions on the site and you will be fine.

  4. #4
    Honorificabilitudinitatibus
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    13,844
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cobraboy View Post
    I've been getting a ton of DNS messages lately. Does anyone have an IP to a good DNS server? I'm on the Codetel default.

    TIA
    When you say the Codetel default, do you mean a set of specific numbers, or just "obtain automatic"? (left blank)
    I've been running on "obtain automatic" here and never get the messages, that you speak of.

  5. #5
    Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    129
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    196.3.81.132

    200.88.127.22

    The above are for CODETEL. But through my wireless router I too have been using the OPENDNS, it is a great free service.

  6. #6
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    37,612
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    When you say the Codetel default, do you mean a set of specific numbers, or just "obtain automatic"? (left blank)
    I've been running on "obtain automatic" here and never get the messages, that you speak of.
    Yup. Obtain automatically. I get DNS problems quite often here.

  7. #7
    Silver
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,768
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    216.27.175.2

    64.81.127.2

    They seem to work well for me.

  8. #8
    Honorificabilitudinitatibus
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    13,844
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cobraboy View Post
    Yup. Obtain automatically. I get DNS problems quite often here.
    I wonder why that is.
    If I'm not getting them here and you do, then there is clearly something different at your end, and I don't mean at your house, I mean the local distribution station.
    It might be equipment differences, but I bet it's not.
    10 to 1 says that some bumble brain entered a wrong code somewhere, or forgot to set something right.
    Not much you can do about it, unless those numbers posted by Robert, help out.

  9. #9
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    37,612
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    I wonder why that is.
    If I'm not getting them here and you do, then there is clearly something different at your end, and I don't mean at your house, I mean the local distribution station.
    It might be equipment differences, but I bet it's not.
    10 to 1 says that some bumble brain entered a wrong code somewhere, or forgot to set something right.
    Not much you can do about it, unless those numbers posted by Robert, help out.
    I'm going to use the settings he suggested. Ironically, when I first clicked that link, I got another DNS failure...

  10. #10
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    This is what we use at DR1 along with our own DNS server.

    https://www.opendns.com/start
    Thanks Robert i have a internet Cafe in Cabarete and sometimes Codetel has problems with there DNS servers. How is the uptime with OpenDNS, do they ever have Problems?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •