Anthony santos @ dolce pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Since I saw no pictures of anthony santos in dolce santiago, I figured I should post the link where the pictues are posted in slide show format.
First of all the show was not like what people thought it would turn out to be. It was an exclusive show, targetting the high class folks of santiago (society folks). This was considered a welcoming change to invite a tipico artist to a place where the classy dominicans socialize. Seems like the show was a hit and now dolce will regularly host concerts in their location. It appears the street was closed and a huge tent was errected, sofas and carpetting were arranged so people could enjoiy the event in comfort and style.
From what I saw looking in the pictures, everyone from various socio-economical strata of santiago society was there.
Click on this link to see the slide show.
bufeo.com[31_mayo_2008]&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=slideshow.php

or go to the main page.

bufeo.com - Anthony Santos + Krisspy @ Dolce Lounge [31 mayo 2008]

Remember, all the folks in the pictures are dominicans. Notice the difference in the folks on this webpage and compare them to the people you meet in resorts areas. These are the folks I talk about in my post. If I were there, I would have had to shake hands all night. I know most of the folks in those pictures. I think, next time I will go if the arrangements are the same.
AZB

J

John Evans

yes I notice the difference- they look like people trying too hard to make an impression

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Nice photos from the link AZB, wish I was there. I remember when they had a tipico artist at Francifol and they blocked off the entire block and erected a tent, it was a nice time. Let us know when they are at other clubs, cheers.

lollipop

Mar 28, 2008
Ohmy! so many familiar faces! I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who gained weight through the years LOL.

2 ex-boyfriends! one is damn fat and the other one is bald! LOL!!!!

Thanks for the link AZB, it seems like you are right and they're trying to introduce bachateros and merengue tipico to a different public.

@John Evans: they're not trying hard at all, I almost finished watching the pics and everybody looks pretty casual and normal.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
a question

Any dark skin people allowed in there, i don't see any?

and the place is huge? right?

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yes I notice the difference- they look like people trying too hard to make an impression

No john, you are just used to seeing barrio folks in all your trips to DR. Welcome to the other side of DR. Most people there are big business owners, bankers, kids of rich families, bermudez, politicians and even famous name banca owners. These people actually keep a low profile in santiago. You will hardly see them anywhere except the places they go to. I personally know many people in those photos, they are all good people who will treat you with respect and honor.
So stop putting them down because they are better off than you are. not everyone has to kiss you feet in DR to gain your respect.

M.A.R, you just had to bring in the racial issue, didn't you? there are some dark skin people there, just they are not blue like haitians. The camera flash make them look a bit bright too so they look less dark. Now many are rich folks who happen to be dark skin but you know what happen to rich black folks? yes, you have guessed it, some become white. Just look at michael jackson. hahahahaha. come on folks, I am only joking. So racial police, take a day off. Remember, the main artist is black (anthony santos). The opening act was krisspy, he started with musica tipica and later in the night, anthony santos took over. The next act in dolce will be Torito (hector acosta).
AZB

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Drop the racism comments please. This is a bunch of people at a concert. Some posters even recognize some of the folks in the pictures, so, it should be a little fun. No more and no less than that.

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
They have such a nice Gold's Gym in that city. Taking some of the cycling classes in Gold's would do a lot of good ….

Last edited:

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Drop the racism comments please. This is a bunch of people at a concert. Some posters even recognize some of the folks in the pictures, so, it should be a little fun. No more and no less than that.

ok I should have asked the question through PM. I wouldn't go if they are also turning people back, I'll find out on my own with my friends in Santiago, thanks.

It wasn't a racism comment, it was a legitimate question.:ermm:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
there are not many fat people in the pictures. Stop picking out one and 2 here and there. In every picture if you show me one fat person, will show you 20 around them who are in better shape and even fit. seems like the whole gold gym was there.
Why the negative comments by some people? This is quite evident, some people just want to see dominican as beggars and nothing more. No folks, many live here and enjoy life way better then you folks can even imagine living in this life time.
AZB

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
AZB they all look like movie stars to me, i don't know if it was the flash that gave them a nice glow or they are just good looking people, everyone looks sharp, nice clothes and beautiful hair on the women. I would love to go ifffffffffff.......hahaha ok i'll stop.:cheeky:

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
I am not being negative :) I just really liked that gym in Santiago and classes they teach. I wish I could hang out there more .... Nice pictures. Thanks for posting :)

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
AZB they all look like movie stars to me, i don't know if it was the flash that gave them a nice glow or they are just good looking people, everyone looks sharp, nice clothes and beautiful hair on the women. I would love to go ifffffffffff.......hahaha ok i'll stop.:cheeky:

MAR, you would fit in just fine there. If you make an effort to come next time to santiago, I will even take you to a concert like this. These are all good people who work hard and provide a good life to their family. I know many folks in thes e pictures and guess what, they are always well dressed and neat & clean no matter where you meet them. They don't do this to impress anyone, this is the way they are and this is how things operate in santiago and capital.
lets put it this way, either you are with us or with them. hahahahaha
AZB

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Who woulda thunk it? "Classy" Dominicans from Santiago, the center of the cultural universe, enjoying bachata. They are late to the party.

wrong!!! classy dominican would go see a good bachata act if its performed on their turf. I have seen musica tipica acts in francifol and tribecca. Its just classy dominicans like you see in those pictures would not fit in very well, lets say, monte bar, carwashes or worse, pasion. If you give the respectable people a decent place to watch a bachata band, they will go in huge number. I am glad dolce has started to do this on regular basis.
AZB

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
so is Dolce a club or a concert hall?

Its a small club where fancy people go to pose. Hahaha
They block off the street outside, erect a huge tent, put in white sofas and fancy rented tables, waiters in tux and the show begins.
AZB

J

John Evans

you dont "get it " most of us that have moved here have done all the posing and being seen in the right places that we need to do.We got fed up of spending a $100 on the right shirt for a night on the town to go to a place where people judge you on your labels. we've done all that and bought the expensive tee-shirt. (should this be in the rant section)
I would appreciate it if you would stop trying to batter us over the head with your high class people act.- thank you very much

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
you dont "get it " most of us that have moved here have done all the posing and being seen in the right places that we need to do.We got fed up of spending a $100 on the right shirt for a night on the town to go to a place where people judge you on your labels. we've done all that and bought the expensive tee-shirt. (should this be in the rant section)
I would appreciate it if you would stop trying to batter us over the head with your high class people act.- thank you very much

John evens, there is no need to even look at these pictures if it causes such discomfort to your eyes. You have just proved it by saying, you have done this and gotten the T shirt; so it seems now you are relaxed in your natural ambiance, the ghetto and carwashes. Like I said, there is place for everyone here. They seem to be doing just fine at dolce, while you seem to be having a ball at a local carwash. Live and let live, isn't this all you folks preach?
AZB

Status
Not open for further replies.