How does one get a D.R. Gov. Job?

lasalsa

Apr 9, 2008
Fellow Members,

Say you're going to RETIRE from the U.S. Military in 5 years (will be 41) and want to see the possibilities of getting a USG job in the D.R. but you're entertaining the possibility of working in the DOM. Government instead. Where do you start to research D.R. Gov Jobs?

I know I can get a job with any USG Agency there, through Miami or D.C., but those postings are normally 2-3 years and then require a tour in the states somewhere.

Where do you start?

Regards,

Richie

sherri

Jan 25, 2006
To get a job in the Dominican Government..first of all you MUST be corrupt...second you need to know someone...thats how most jobs are aquired here. Im joking about the corrupt thing but the second is definatly true.

Good Luck!

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
To get a job in the Dominican Government..first of all you MUST be corrupt...second you need to know someone...thats how most jobs are aquired here. Im joking about the corrupt thing but the second is definatly true.

Good Luck!
And pretty much need to be Dominican.
It's not impossible, as a foreigner, but damned difficult.

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
lasalsa

Why would you like to work for the Dominican Government?
They will pay you a misery, unless you are thinking about a nice "botella" instead?

Beside you can loose your U.S. citizenship if you work for a foreign government, read what your U.S. passport says about U.S. citizen taking job with a foreign government.

lasalsa

Apr 9, 2008
lasalsa

Why would you like to work for the Dominican Government?
They will pay you a misery, unless you are thinking about a nice "botella" instead?

Beside you can loose your U.S. citizenship if you work for a foreign government, read what your U.S. passport says about U.S. citizen taking job with a foreign government.

Friends,

It's More of a "Botella" type of Job. Not a "real" 9-5 Job.
I'm a U.S. Citizen of Dominican Parents and my Dad knows several Generals and Politicians, but I don't want to go that route yet!.

Thanks for all your help..