Credit and Financing buying a condo & house

SDF123

May 19, 2008
Hi! I hope someone can help me. Ok so I am now offcially a resident. I landed a job at a manager (Thank you DR1.com). I have called my bank in the US and they wont help me buy a house/Condo here.
Can someone tell me how to establish my credit here in DR so I can hope to buy a house in a year or 2.

Thank you
This site is great and thank you for everyone who post! Sorry if I put this in the wrong location.

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
To establish your credit you need either a credit card or a loan to start with.
1- guarantee credit card or loan
2-co-signer
3-Furniture stores
Banco Popular is a great source to establish credit and very good reference.
Mortgages
Asociacion Cibao de Ahorros y prestamos (pesos -only)
BHD- (US-and pesos )
Banco de Reservas has a one time "Feria" in February every year, for mortgages and refinance . The interest is 4% less than actual dominican rate and it is fixed for four years. Nobody knows the exact day you have to keep the track of it . You can save a lot ..Just go around and you will find diferent deals, also you can "BARGAIN"...PIDA REBAJA.........

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I landed a job at a manager (Thank you DR1.com).

Send me a PM or email, would love to know what job you got via DR1.

You need to establish credit over time with banks here or have a significant amount of collateral as security for a loan. As Lucille posted, shop around here, banks are starting to get competitive.

Robert.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Over many years their has been many DR1 threads/posts concerning getting a loan for property in the Dominican Republic. Use the search feature to see some.

I can not remember ANYONE that has posted that they actually obtained a loan, within the D.R. or from any other country for D.R. property.

Has anyone obtained a loan for D.R. property? If so, what terms?

Regards, Ringo

LatinoRican

Apr 11, 2004
Does anyone know anything about the new BPD Bank that just opened in the Piantini area recently? I know that it is insured by the FDIC in the U.S., but besides that, do they offer loans to buy property in the Dominican Republic?