HE WAS RIGHT THERE!! (Sorry LONG post)

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Oh, my God y'all! The country is coming out of me now because I feel sooooo stupid.
This is my 2nd thread today, I'm on a roll...but seriously.

I have not had a relationship with a Dominican who LIVES in the DR (a couple Dom in the USA) and since I have started visiting and had plans to move...still no relationships...just lots of flirting and such.

Anyway, the other day, I was reading over some of the old Sanky posts and wondering how in the HELL I was going to find a halfway decent man in that country! I was getting truly depressed as I have been single for quite some time now.

Anyway, yesterday, with the new found revelation that someone in Sajoma would be living the good life off of what they will charge me for transporting my kids to school, I called my friend in Santiago.

So we were talking and he was telling me that everything would be OK and that whatever I decided to do (stay in Sajoma or move to Santiago), he would always be there to help me, he cares about my children and I...and so on and so forth.

So this AM, I was revisiting that conversation and rehearing all that he said and then you know how you start to hear other things that the person has said that at the time you really didn't pay attention to? I was like "Oh, Lord"

So I called him this AM and asked him how he felt about me...was it a friendship type of feeling or more? And he told me that it would make him very happy to be able to have someone like me in his life but that he hadn't dare risk our friendship to tell me so. And so far he has done a damn good job because he never did anything that made me suspect that he could have been feeling that way.

So this morning, I searched Hillbilly's rules and I just froze... because he passed all 3! And on top of that, something that is not mentioned is religion and he is very active in his church (I'm not much of a church goer).

But the point is...he passed ALL 3 POINTS...

And I have spent tons of time with him in the past 2 years, I felt something for him but since he never made any move towards me, I respected that...in the name of friendship.

But Damn! He was right there all along...there has got to be something in my water today because I am trippin'.

Anyway, that's all...I am going to make a go of it...SLOWLY...he is coming to New York to visit me in July and we will discuss it more then, when we are face to face...but I just wanted to let you guys know....

There are some good ones out there, and Hillbilly's rules rock!!!

SHALENA

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
AMEN!!
When I first read Hillbilly's rules...my initial thought was that, basically, it was an impossibility to find someone that would pass ALL 3.

But hey, I am not so full of pride that I cannot say...I was wrong.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Let me break this to you-don't think for one second that this guy wasn't dying to tell you what he told you since the second he met you.

Guys may or may not want to be friends with attractive women, but the only way they would not want to sleep with one is if they happen to be gay.:cheeky:

That whole friendship thing is beautiful, but attraction to you was the very reason WHY he wanted to be friends.:surprised

(Don't take this too hard-its' a compliment to have someone like you, for WHATEVER reason, unless they are gold diggers and/or con artists.)

Don't take this the wrong way-I'm sure he appreciates you for your mind and personality-but he's a guy, and in many respects we are all alike.:devious:

Not that theres' anything wrong with that.;)

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Let me break this to you-don't think for one second that this guy wasn't dying to tell you what he told you since the second he met you.

Guys may or may not want to be friends with attractive women, but the only way they would not want to sleep with one is if they happen to be gay.:cheeky:

That whole friendship thing is beautiful, but attraction to you was the very reason WHY he wanted to be friends.:surprised

(Don't take this too hard-its' a compliment to have someone like you, for WHATEVER reason, unless they are gold diggers and/or con artists.)

Don't take this the wrong way-I'm sure he appreciates you for your mind and personality-but he's a guy, and in many respects we are all alike.:devious:

Not that theres' anything wrong with that.;)

Well, DDDUUUHHHH:cheeky:
I met him in an airport when he approached me while I was watching a movie, so there had to be SOMETHING that made him come over there and begin a converation with me...

I do not negate the fact that he was probably dying to say something...as also was I (well, not DYING but I really did want to approach the subject) but what comes off to me as sincere is that he never did.

Well, vamos a ver, huh? You never know...

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Well, DDDUUUHHHH:cheeky:
I met him in an airport when he approached me while I was watching a movie, so there had to be SOMETHING that made him come over there and begin a converation with me...

I do not negate the fact that he was probably dying to say something...as also was I (well, not DYING but I really did want to approach the subject) but what comes off to me as sincere is that he never did.

Well, vamos a ver, huh? You never know...

Don't get snippy...:cheeky:...I remember you talking about some male friend in the DR and it seemed as if you were convinced there were no ulterior motives to the friendship...now you know!!!!!!

Buena suerte!!!!

Now you'll get that apartment for cheap guaranteeeeeeeeeed...:cheeky:

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Don't get snippy...:cheeky:...I remember you talking about some male friend in the DR and it seemed as if you were convinced there were no ulterior motives to the friendship...now you know!!!!!!

Buena suerte!!!!

Now you'll get that apartment for cheap guaranteeeeeeeeeed...:cheeky:

LMAO!!!
Yes...now I know...but you gotta give it to him...2 years is a long time.

But of course, he is a smart man, so he probably knows that I am well worth the wait!! JAJAJA;)