Taxi Rate: Santiago to Puerto Plata

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Traveler

Jun 7, 2008
Hello I was wondering if someone would be kind to let me know whats the current taxi rate from the Santiago Airport to PP. My plane flies into STI(saved me some $$ and a full day on my trip vs flying into POP). My trip is vastly approaching. Your help would be much appreciated.

yelkcub

Dec 11, 2007
www.buckrobin.com
Hello I was wondering if someone would be kind to let me know whats the current taxi rate from the Santiago Airport to PP. My plane flies into STI(saved me some $$ and a full day on my trip vs flying into POP). My trip is vastly approaching. Your help would be much appreciated.

You could try "Dominican Airport Transfers" - the rate is $95 (US) from Santiago to POP. I've heard they are very reliable (I'll be using them for my upcoming trip next weekend).

Boca chica airport transfers, dominican republic, punta cana airport transfers

Robin

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
Also consider taking the bus. Cab fare from STI to the Caribe Tours bus stop should run about $20USD. Bus to middle of POP or Sosua costs about $7, and a final cab to your destination shouldn't cost more than $20.

You'll save quite a bit of money, and only lose a short amount of time in taking the bus, which departs hourly.

Good luck.

DRob:glasses:

melchan

Apr 4, 2007
where in santiago EXACTLY can you find the bus to Sosua?

How late can you catch the bus back to santiago?

thanks.

gringosabroso

Oct 16, 2004
POP - Santiago - 1,500 P

I live in POP; we use a local, extremely reliable POP cab driver; Corolla station wagon. 2 people + all luggage; 1,500 P. It might be slightly more now with the increase in fuel prices. In effect, this is a "one way" fare; he nearly always has to return from, or go, to Santiago, empty. By DR standards, "unbelievably reliable"! ! ! Good luck.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
The taxi rates between STI and the north coast is US. $ 90. I am talking about tourist taxi unions. They only increase the price in US. $ 10. however the price off the fuel are encrease in 100.% in the past two years.
Yes you can find many taxi companies for locals custumers with lower rate. the cars should be all models in bad conditions and with a propane tank in the trunck, if you are lucky you can have a nice car.
I used to drive a cab. for 10 years and now I live in the U.S. if you are interested I can make arrangements for your pick up at STI. I have many friend in '' Apolo Taxi Santiago " with nice cars that will be able to do your transportantion charging the local taxi rate US. $ 70.
just PM me with you flight information and I will text mess. one of those guys.

regards.

JJ.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
This is an outstanding idea, JJ. I'll bet a lot of people could take advantage of your knowledge and associates..

HB

hilper

Aug 19, 2008
hi Guys
Anyone knows the taxi rate from Punta Cana airport to Tropical Princess Hotel ?

Status
Not open for further replies.