Leather furniture bad or good??

Danny W

Bronze
Mar 1, 2003
My wife wants a leather couch for our new house. I think leather would be terrible for a house in the tropics. The house is in Sosua, and we will hardly ever be using air conditioning.

Those with experience in this matter, help me please. (By the way, if leather is good - I'll spring for it.) - D

J

John Evans

mould - bad idea- try not wearing your leather shoes for a while and see what they look like

J

John Evans

and if you have leathery skin its difficult to know where the couch starts and ends

Bayx-**

May 30, 2008
I have a leather couch and so far is the best investment I had made. This couch has been through a lot wear and tear and still is in excellent condition. Very easy to maintain.

jackquontee

May 20, 2005
I have had leather couches in my house for a couple of years and have never had a problem, with the exception of the couch in my bedroom which became moldy as a result of mold developing in the bedroom from water leaking into the room. Cleaned the couch with a solution of bleach and water, and had the water leak fixed. No problems since.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
I think that if the house is lived in, meaning that it is being vented, it should be OK... but for a vacation home, which may remain shut tight for weeks or even months... every things will start to develop a life.
Then there is pulga de cama... some flea style pest which just loves to reproduce inside a love seat :bunny: or any other stuffing, especially if it is nicely kept moist with a leather covering.

... J-D.