By owner used car (and parts) trade markets?

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
In many places of the world there are weekly or monthly used car markets... a place where owners and potential buyers meet and trade vehicles and accessories directly (una feria, if you so prefer).

Are there any here in the DR and if so where and when?

I got some accessories to my Hilux I want to trade for other things.

Or did I just come up with a new business idea for here?

... J-D.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
I had the idea of starting a Subasta for S/h cars about 10 years ago which would have included such a facility ..... trading parts & other things. My thoughts went along the idea of Car Auctions once a month pretty much the same as those in the UK but extended to make it a 'Family Day Out' with stalls for car insurance companies, mechanics, used car spares, finance organisations (for the loans needed) plus food/drink stalls AND maybe a small play area for children! Hey, maybe you could start offering an insurance backed Breakdown recovery scheme as well?? (yeah .... right!!).

I still have all the ideas on file here somewhere so if you DO consider starting something off, come see me & the files (even disc maybe) will be available for you to take away. You could then Franchise the idea to other areas like 2 or 3 in Sto Dgo, 1 in Santiago, SPM etc!!!

MY Royalties will be just a few centavos per RD $100k turnover!!:cheeky: :pirate: ;) ~ Grahame.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
I had the idea of starting a Subasta for S/h cars about 10 years ago which would have included such a facility ..... trading parts & other things. My thoughts went along the idea of Car Auctions once a month pretty much the same as those in the UK but extended to make it a 'Family Day Out' with stalls for car insurance companies, mechanics, used car spares, finance organisations (for the loans needed) plus food/drink stalls AND maybe a small play area for children! Hey, maybe you could start offering an insurance backed Breakdown recovery scheme as well?? (yeah .... right!!).

I still have all the ideas on file here somewhere so if you DO consider starting something off, come see me & the files (even disc maybe) will be available for you to take away. You could then Franchise the idea to other areas like 2 or 3 in Sto Dgo, 1 in Santiago, SPM etc!!!

MY Royalties will be just a few centavos per RD $100k turnover!!:cheeky: :pirate: ;) ~ Grahame.

:D

In my opinion, the easiest way to do it, is to rent or schmus a spot in the city (the circus place) where to do it... fence entries and exits and sell tickets to anyone who hauls inn any merchandise. Rent booth spots to a lawyer who does the transactions and stuff and the chimmy or ricky, ice cream and refrescos dealers and peddlers. Maybe add some "event" stuff (like the local bachateros or take some dare devil motoconchista off the road and have him jump over the whole mess and do some advertising.
Auctions? Naw! While locals tend to talk as fast as most routined auctioneers, most don't listen well enough to keep up with an auction.
So, K-I-S-S is the only way and let them haggle their deals out.

I don't really want to do it... I just want to sell/trade some stuff... y e AHORA que lo quiero! :D