Special Needs...

dreamsource

Jul 29, 2007
Curiousity compels me to ask, as I read all of the threads on the pros and cons of investing vs. renting- just how many people are there in this forum who have special needs which compel them to buy vs. rent?

In our case, my wife and I needed a place that was on the ground floor, wheelchair accessible, and handicapped friendly... having found such a place, we chose to buy and end the uncertainty of whether we'd be able to find good rentals until I retire... and so far it's been the right decision for us.

Props to those who rent and do well, as also to those who buy for reasons of their own... my question remains; is there anyone out there who has unique circumstances which compelled them to buy the right property rather than rely on the rental market?

and as a second question for discussion, how have the members of this forum found life to be for those with limited mobility in the DR?

J

John Evans

I should imagine its very difficult in a wheel chair- especially on the north coast, dont know if santo domingo and the south is any more wheelchair friendly.Its fairly challenging just walking round here