Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Question "iPhone 3G" by Apple Computer

According to the usually reliable 'Wall Street Journal", Apple has issued a new & superior iPhone, dubbed the "3G"; it will be sold in 70 countries, commencing 7jul08.
    * Will it be available in the DR? When?
    * Will its sale & use be limited to 1 exclusive DR cell phone service provider? Which?
    I'd appreciate any available info from those alert Techies & cell phone addicts [myself excluded] who are in the forefront on these issues. Thank you.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I say wait a month and the price will go down.

its $300!!!! the insanity!!! ayy

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default does it work in DomRep?

Just curious if the iPhone works overthere yet?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up $200 ! ! ! My oversight!

I neglected to mention [old age?] that the retail, USA price of the new "3G' is $200. The original iPhone was $600!! For a cell phone!!
    * Later, Apple reduced the price to @ $400. Now $200! next year? $100? $150?
    * I fear that the DR price, assuming it's available in the DR will be more than $200.
    * The big features with the iPhone are a camera & the ability to surf the internet. With DR wireless networks few & far between, I'm not sure this feature will be worth much.
    * DRs seem to have an addiction to sell phones? But not to PCs nor the internet. 1 Gringo's opinion.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gringosabroso View Post
    * Will it be available in the DR? When?
    Apple - iPhone - Choose a Country

Last edited by aegap; 06-10-2008 at 10:50 AM.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

"As Fortune.com first reported, the new 8-gigabyte iPhone will cost $199 and a 16-gigabyte version will cost $299. Jobs says the new iPhone will be available worldwide starting July 11. It will allow up to six hours of Web browsing and five hours of talk time."

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aegap View Post
    I guess the trick question is when exactly is "coming soon", could be this summer or it could be by xmas. Plus, when it comes it could be exclusive to just one carrier like AT&T in the US. IMO, until it is officially sold in the DR, you will have to buy it elsewhere and unlock it and who knows when that will be. If you happen to unlock it, will you receive all of the features it offers??
    Last edited by Ricardo900; 06-10-2008 at 11:34 AM.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

they are saying it will be available worldwide July 11th

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

It seems like both Orange and Claro will be offering the new Iphone according to Apple web site.

I am not sure though if either have a 3g network in place for DR. I doubt it.

An unlimited data plan is also a must for an iphone. I only saw limited Gb plans so far.

"an unexamined life is not worth living"
    Post Thanks / Like

If I remember correctly, Chirimoya's husband bought one and is using it in the DR. PM her and ask her how its working for them.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast