Mana Concert

RGVgal

Bronze
May 26, 2008
Is anyone going to the Mana Concert on 6/12?

If yes, I'm so jealous. Wish I could be there.

Please take pics so you can share.

Thanks

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
The concert coincides with the end of high school here, so should be a sell out. Tickets are becoming scarce. There is a lot of excitement for this concert.

nydr

Feb 24, 2006
By far I can say that it was one of the best concert I've been to.
Excellent musicians, great singer and very professional show (lights, big screens, impressive fireworks at the end). The drummer gave a great show too.
nydr

RGVgal

Bronze
May 26, 2008
I agree. They are on my top three list of best concerts. Did they play a lot of their older music or mostly new stuff?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I think they are great. Wish I could have been there. I have their CD from a few years ago.

May 31, 2005
I love love love Mana. I was sad to miss the concert because my trip to Santo Domingo is in July. But I couldn't go due to school. Some of my friends went and they told me that they had a lot of fun. They also said that Alex gave a really good solo show when Fher, Sergio and Juan went backstage for a break. And they also said that the lighting and effects were awesome.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Excuse my ignorance - who is Mana?:eek:

Man? is a Mexican group from Guadalajara, Mexico, formed about 20 years ago. I love love love them. IMHO, they are the Kings of Spanish Rock. Ironically, I was listening to "La Negra Tomasa" today, and the song was stuck in my head when I saw the thread. "Estoy tan enamorado de la Negra Tomasa que cuando se va de casa triste me pongo//// ay.....ay.....ay" - jaja, got you guys, didn't I, now it's in your head too! ;)

Songs to download:

de pies a cabeza
te lloro un rio
mariposa traicionera
la negra tomasa
eres mi religion
labios compartidos
vivir sin aire
rayando el sol
corazon espinado (con Carlos Santana)
clavado en un bar
como dueles en los labios
robame el alma
ojala pudiera borrarte
their version of 'si no te hubieras ido'

me encanta....i'm sure there's more, this is off the top of my head

Mana communication marketing

ElvisNYC

Jan 27, 2006
Man? is a Mexican group from Guadalajara, Mexico, formed about 20 years ago. I love love love them. IMHO, they are the Kings of Spanish Rock. Ironically, I was listening to "La Negra Tomasa" today, and the song was stuck in my head when I saw the thread. "Estoy tan enamorado de la Negra Tomasa que cuando se va de casa triste me pongo//// ay.....ay.....ay" - jaja, got you guys, didn't I, now it's in your head too! ;)

Songs to download:

de pies a cabeza
te lloro un rio
mariposa traicionera
la negra tomasa
eres mi religion
labios compartidos
vivir sin aire
rayando el sol
corazon espinado (con Carlos Santana)
clavado en un bar
como dueles en los labios
robame el alma
ojala pudiera borrarte
their version of 'si no te hubieras ido'

me encanta....i'm sure there's more, this is off the top of my head

Mana communication marketing

Trina, good to see that you like Mana a lot.. But just a few things..

They're really not the Kings of Spanish rock, maybe the top 10, but not the best..Also, Mana plays more pop !

For best rock group I would consider Soda Stereo and Caifanes (Jaguares) as the best, followed by Hombres G, Miguel Mateos, Enanitos Verdes and few others.

Also Negra Tomasa is sung by Caifanes, and I believe that Caifanes (now jaguares) did a duo with Mana about a few years ago, IIRC !

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
They're really not the Kings of Spanish rock, maybe the top 10, but not the best..Also, Mana plays more pop !

As I said, IMHO; it really is a question of opinion, no? Back to their roots, about 20 years ago, it was all rock, and this was some of their best work, again, IMHO.

Also Negra Tomasa is sung by Caifanes, and I believe that Caifanes (now jaguares) did a duo with Mana about a few years ago, IIRC !

Many of the songs Man? sings, along with any group, are not originally their own. I happen to like the live version of Negra Tomasa that I have that Man? sings; could be a duo with Jaguares, but this thread is about Man?, not Los Jaguares.

Last edited:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
There is a thread about Sabana de la Mar, and in that thread there is a mention of a Peace Corps Volunteer that works there in Sabana de la Mar. AND she went to the concert and posted a bunch of pics in her blog....the link is in the thread..

HB