Tailor made suits? (North Coast)

Status
Not open for further replies.

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004
Where can i get a good one, and how much should i expect to pay for it? Thanks.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
BushBaby's sastreria made him a cream coloured wedding suit last year for his neice's wedding in UK, cross between a morning suit & a zoot suit :cheeky: Cost about RD$4000 I think. The tailor is in Puerto Plata if that is anywhere near you? But............there are tailors everywhere.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
a guy in galeria torres (puerto plata) makes suits, he's not bad at all. price will depend on the quality of fabric, good suit from good fabric can be as much as 8k pesos.

also - right opposite, on the corner there is a small shop with fantastic fabrics at low prices (that is lower than galeria torres). owner does like to work hard so come either between 10-12am or after 2pm. :)

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004
thanks for the replies.

Lambada please give me more info if you know about the lady. location, phone number...

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
ooops! yes please. ;)

Do you know Abraxas bookshop on JFKennedy (parallel with Beller, one block nearer to 12 de Julio)? Tailor is on next corner. Another way of finding it is to go to El Rincon de Tabac on Beller & turn left, tailor is at end of first block. Alternatively if you know where the Canadian & US Consulates are - it's immediately opposite.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
He doesn't speak any English (as I recall) but go in with a photo of what you want, mark any additions or variances, get measured up, choose the material quality/colour that you want & pay a small deposit!! You will be told the suit will be ready in 3 or 4 days - plan on 2 weeks as you will have to chase him 3 or 4 times & claim it is needed for a wedding/funeral/baptism or Bamitzvah by 3 days before you actually DO need it!! ~ Grahame

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
BushBaby tipping the hat. (Wedding suit)

Tipping_the_HAT_of_The_Suit_20429x6.jpg

J

John Evans

you wouldnt wear that in Cheshire..unless you were David beckham,think about a headband a nd a sarong for your next wedding

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
I don't know why, but looking at G in his suit makes me think "Mad Hatters Tea Party"
lol

Rio

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
My husband had his suit and 3 groomsman's suits made for our wedding by a man named Sandy in Puerto Plata. He does a lot of work with the hotels making uniforms I believe.

He did a beautiful job on them all.

They also took longer than expected but the end result was quite nice.

They were also about $4000 pesos each. We gave him a picture of what we wanted & he matched it exactly.

I can get a contact number if you are interested.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
you wouldnt wear that in Cheshire..unless you were David beckham,think about a headband a nd a sarong for your next wedding

He wore it to a 'society' wedding in Wiltshire :cheeky:. All the other men were in dark morning suits (tails) & top hats. His sister-in-law (mother of the bride) didn't speak to him for 24 hours. The younger crowd all thought it was great.........not so much Our Man in Havana as Our Man from Puerto Plata.........:laugh::laugh: But all that for RD$4000.........good value. Baron Samedi is now available for hire for voodoo parties..............;)

Mar 2, 2008
It makes a statement for sure.
But where does he wear his pistolas? And his top hat has no "B" on it.
Not quite cricket, I'd say.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
My husband had his suit and 3 groomsman's suits made for our wedding by a man named Sandy in Puerto Plata. He does a lot of work with the hotels making uniforms I believe.

He did a beautiful job on them all.

They also took longer than expected but the end result was quite nice.

They were also about $4000 pesos each. We gave him a picture of what we wanted & he matched it exactly.

I can get a contact number if you are interested.

longer than expected? i do not understand..

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Five year old thread reopened by a spammer, I think the OP must be ready for new suits by now.

Closed

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.