El Candil guest friendly?

fredmak23

Jun 22, 2002
I will be going to Boca Chica/Santo Domingo for the second time. It's been a while since I been in that area. My first time around the Hamaca Hotel Resort, ( I was there about 6 years ago) left a bad taste in my mouth and haven't been back ever since. I don't do the AI thing anymore so my question is for the veterans in that area is if the http://www.comdata.nl/hotel-boca-chica-candil/ is a guest friendly hotel? I will be there for a wedding for a friend and they are staying at the Hamaca so I need decent hotel in the Boca Chica area. I will be there July 3rd till the 12th of July. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Fred

pyratt

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
El Candil has changed management since I was there in Jan 07....they were friendly to the guests bck then.....and they allowed "BC girls" too.......the location is good, with everything you need close by.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
el candil has always been guest friendly but discreet. there are sometimes families there and noone likes to see a working girl heading out or hanging around all day. and some men seem to get the worst/cheapest working girl they can find if you get my drift....

fredmak23

Jun 22, 2002
thanks!

Thanks guys! That's all I needed to hear. Looks like I will be staying there thanks again!

Mar 2, 2008
Not that I necessarily agree with the concept, but some might say, "If it ain't nasty it ain't sex."

Hey, I'm just the messenger.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Not that I necessarily agree with the concept, but some might say, "If it ain't nasty it ain't sex."

Hey, I'm just the messenger.

I am ALL for nasty. The sloppier, the better, but have you ever seen the worst that Kyle is referring to?

Downright YUCK!!!!!;) (lol)

Let's see if Rocky attaches a pic from his famous collection, (not of him, lol)

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Is this a bad move or should I go back to the North Coast?

The only 3 things I like about Boca Chica are:

Santo Domingo is close
The beach is nice, calm waters
The fresh seafood sold by the vendors
:bunny::bunny:

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
You have to look HARD for a decent chica in BC. And with all the buscones up your a$$ all the time, you can't step out of your hotel without someone bothering you to no end.

And quite a few of the chicas are on drugs and are only out there to rob you. I would never go back there, ever.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
One good thing about candil is that even tho they are guest friendly...if they know someone is a trouble maker they wont let them in even with a cedular. (they are required to leave their ID at the front desk)

I dont think the new mgmnt is a bit more lax than the prior...but its still a nice little hotel. clean and def guest friendly. But like kyle says...if you see families hanging out by the pool try to be discrete.

fredmak23

Jun 22, 2002
That is one of the plan is to go to SDQ for a night out. Any suggestions where in SDQ for a good night out?

The only 3 things I like about Boca Chica are:

Santo Domingo is close
The beach is nice, calm waters
The fresh seafood sold by the vendors
:bunny::bunny:

fredmak23

Jun 22, 2002
Good info thanks! How about Costalunga? Guest friendly? I really don't have a choice since my friend's wedding will be in the area. If it was up to me I would be in the North Coast of the island..:ermm:

Would Candil provide a taxi for a night out in SDQ?

One good thing about candil is that even tho they are guest friendly...if they know someone is a trouble maker they wont let them in even with a cedular. (they are required to leave their ID at the front desk)

I dont think the new mgmnt is a bit more lax than the prior...but its still a nice little hotel. clean and def guest friendly. But like kyle says...if you see families hanging out by the pool try to be discrete.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
Costalunga is fine...Miguel at the front desk took great care of me when i got really sick on my last trip.

However...i personaly perfer candil. I just like the layout of the place better. all the apts face the pool and cafe area coutyard which gives you a chance to meet other travelers. If you really want privacy...then costalunga would be the place. THere really isnt much of a common area and the pool is out back and closes early.

For 10 USD more a night i prefer candil.

and indeed...both places will arrange a driver to the city at night.

If you DO opt for costalunga....ask for a room not facing the street. The motos were soooooo loud on my last stay there it was nearly imposible to have a conversation with my friend.

One last thing. In case you run into a bad apple...security is a bit tighter at candil. it would be nearly impossible for an unwanted person to get past the front desk...and they will call you to make sure you want a visitor.

at costalunga there is no security durring the day and people can come and go with no id etc. Plus you dont get a phone in your room at costalunga. However...costalunga has an internet cafe that stays open late-ish and they do have a call center.

both are fine...it just depends what your priorities are.

fredmak23

Jun 22, 2002
Thanks jrzyguy! Great info! I read from the Costalunga website they have scooters to rent would Candil have the same?

btw I am too from jersey! :devious:

Costalunga is fine...Miguel at the front desk took great care of me when i got really sick on my last trip.

However...i personaly perfer candil. I just like the layout of the place better. all the apts face the pool and cafe area coutyard which gives you a chance to meet other travelers. If you really want privacy...then costalunga would be the place. THere really isnt much of a common area and the pool is out back and closes early.

For 10 USD more a night i prefer candil.

and indeed...both places will arrange a driver to the city at night.

If you DO opt for costalunga....ask for a room not facing the street. The motos were soooooo loud on my last stay there it was nearly imposible to have a conversation with my friend.

One last thing. In case you run into a bad apple...security is a bit tighter at candil. it would be nearly impossible for an unwanted person to get past the front desk...and they will call you to make sure you want a visitor.

at costalunga there is no security durring the day and people can come and go with no id etc. Plus you dont get a phone in your room at costalunga. However...costalunga has an internet cafe that stays open late-ish and they do have a call center.

both are fine...it just depends what your priorities are.

fredmak23

Jun 22, 2002
Sorry I didn't want to start another thread but where in BC can I exchange for pesos? Or would it be better if I can change in SD?