Los Reyes Santiago and Country Code

canbon

Apr 28, 2006
Is Los Reyes a neighbourhood in Santiago or a street? Does anyone have a detailed Santiago map?

Also, when sending a letter, do I need to put the country code on the envelope? I believe the country code is 57 for DR? Just wondering if it speeds things up?

Thank you.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I have no idea about the country code. Los Reyes is a section towards the north of the city. It is beyond Los Salados on the way to Jacagua. Fairly nice area...

Mail service sucs anyway so just put the Name, street Address and Los Reyes, Santiago, DR and wit will arrive eventually...maybe even in this decade!!

HB

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
If i remember right the only street in Los Reyes with a name is Calle Penetracion. The rest are just letters or #'s.

It depends from where you send the letter from and the service you use. If i send anything i always make sure there is a land line for the agent in Santiago to call if delivery is not possible.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
If i remember right the only street in Los Reyes with a name is Calle Penetracion. The rest are just letters or #'s.

It depends from where you send the letter from and the service you use. If i send anything i always make sure there is a land line for the agent in Santiago to call if delivery is not possible.

Are you serious? :laugh:

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
Just checked the map and i believe it is Ave Penetracion. Probably meaning the main ( first) street starting a new barrio. At first i thought it was unique to Los Reyes but again looking at the map Ave Penetracion is all over Santiago. Some people on this board have only one thing on their mind M.A.R.......

I usually send medical supplies, pictures and used phones by USPS International flat rate large envelope and nothing has ever been messed with. Cost about $11.50 and gets delivered between 7 to 10 working days with a tracking # so you know when it arrives in Santiago. Last time the package was delivered to a dirt road in barrio S.F. del Rosario Sanchez after they called the land line to get exact directions. I was amazed.

The USPS also has a flat rate box for about $37 but there are 5 forms to fill out compared to the 1 with the envelope. Just be honest on the declaration form(s) and make sure the value of the items are under $200.