Codetel Claro Question in Sosua Area

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
My phone doesn't work and I'm wondering if anyone else is having a problem. I'm told it's a software problem and that I need to take the phone to the corporate office in Puerto Plata.

Then when I tried to buy another phone, I was told none of them work - that it's a chip problem.

I'm wondering if anyone is experiencing problems with their phone and if so, what's the solution, if any?

Does Centennial get good reception here? Especially in the La Mulata area.

I'm crazed without a phone - feel isolated and cut off, not to mention scared sometimes.

Any feedback, suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Ro

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Centennial or Viva, as it is now called is the only phone company that works well in La Mulata. There is a tower next to the Sosua Car Wash at the bottom of the hill.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Claro phones suck now. Their gsm system can't take on the load at times and just shuts off many phones. My girlfriend also has claro phone but she is activated by a card (pre paid cards). her phone seems to be on and functioning all the time while mine (post paid) gets shut off.
AZB

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Thanks for all your feedback. I'm hoping (cockeyed optimist) to get mine fixed and in the meantime, I'm going to buy a Centennial!

Regards
Ro