Goodbye DeLancer!!!!!!

Simon & Nicky

Bronze
Feb 3, 2004
www.simon-hall.co.uk
Oh happy happy days - I've finally kicked Cable Atlantico into touch. In the four or five years that I have had to deal with these people I probably had good service for less than six months. My neighbours and I paid over $2000 to DeLancer to bring the cable up the LaMulata road to the benefit of the whole neighbourhood (and DeLancer) on the understanding that we got free programmes for life. DeLancer forgot this agreement and went back on their promise and started charging me again at the time that they started to use the set-top boxes.

Now it seems they even keep a final little kick in the teeth waiting for you when you return their set-top box. Instead of graciously returning the 500 peso deposit that I paid for the box they kept the money stating that it isn't a refundable deposit, rather a guarantee against future technical problems that they will fix "free of charge". Furthermore, apparently all I have to do is keep my receipt and if I ever, ever want to go back to their cable system again, I will get another set-top box free of charge.

I'm really ****ed off about this final little insult - Maybe it's time I got my own back on what is after all a totally illegal sham.

By the way - I've now got SKY which is FANTASTIC. Easy system, polite people, punctual service, digital quality, simple payment system, with far more programmes in English, and it all drops straight out of the Sky and into my house without having to rely on miles of dodgy cables. Brilliant!

Grandma Jen

Jan 16, 2008
My neighbour is having probs with De Lancer - they have paid the bill and have a receipt but despite producing this at the shop they have cut the internet off and want $174 to reconnect - any suggestions?

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
I would also like more info on SKY. What kind of programming is available as well as prices, equipment cost, etc. I'm assuming this is a satellite service. Tried searching, but DR1 search function doesn't work with 3 letter words.

webmacon

Jul 4, 2006
caribbeanostriches.com
Why you guys don't get Dishnetwork with FTA receiver, if you life close you can even hook up a few people with one single dish and get over 600 Channels.

Only one time installation and that's it.

PM me for more info.

Regards,
MZ

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I know someone in the SW part of the country that pays about $100US per month. It is not cheap. Also, you get a load of channels, but most are European and Latin.

Also it is extra for a lot of the different sports packages. The plus is it works pretty much flawlessly.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I know someone in the SW part of the country that pays about $100US per month. It is not cheap. Also, you get a load of channels, but most are European and Latin.

Also it is extra for a lot of the different sports packages. The plus is it works pretty much flawlessly.
100 bux is a bit steep, specially if a lot of the programming is not in English.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
They have a ton of channels and not one had the NBA Playoffs on when I was there.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
They have a ton of channels and not one had the NBA Playoffs on when I was there.
That would be a big bonus for me.
At the risk of offending some folks, NBA seems even more boring than bowling on TV, right up there with golf and tiddly winks.