Mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

megabiteme

[ - Mute Button -] Click!
Jan 9, 2008
what is the best way to send important documents to the US? I have a letter that I need to send to a court as well as social security. I'm not sure if I send it fed-x if this would be better since it cost about 1,500. is the normal mail service good here and can it be trusted? Thanks! Anthony

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
what is the best way to send important documents to the US? I have a letter that I need to send to a court as well as social security. I'm not sure if I send it fed-x if this would be better since it cost about 1,500. is the normal mail service good here and can it be trusted? Thanks! Anthony
Fed-Ex it.
Don't even think of sending an important/valuable document in the regular DR mail.
PS: If you know someone going back to the US, they could mail it from there, for you.

megabiteme

Jan 9, 2008
Fed-Ex it.
Don't even think of sending an important/valuable document in the regular DR mail.
PS: If you know someone going back to the US, they could mail it from there, for you.

Thanks Rocky! I was afraid of that-lol, I have 30 days to get a very important letter back to SS, otherwise I could lose my benefits.. Crap! money issues bro! Okay, does fed-x have a non signature service that you know of? I'm not sure that SS would want to sign for something if ya know what i mean or is it a blanket signature?

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Agreed on both counts. Post services from the DR HAVE improved over the last 16 years but something of 5% importance level needs to go by a secure method.

You could look up Business Mail in Paginas Amarillo (Yellow Pages Codetel style) & ring them for a quote. I would think about RD $50.00 might be their rate. Should take about 7/10 days to get to the recipient.

Re FedEx requirements for signature ..... best ring them yourself to see what they say. They HAVE several locations in Sto Dgo I am sure. ~ Grahame.

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
With Fedex you can require no signature required. But I'd do what Rocky suggests. put out to anyone going to the states within a week - could they mail it there for you. And I'd send it Certified, Return Receipt Requested from within the states.

Actually now that I think of it, for peace of mind I'd send it myself Fedex - then you know it will get there - and it sounds important enough.

megabiteme

Jan 9, 2008
Yes I do agree! I found a fed-x in the local Sarina not far from me on church hill. It's the cost of doing this is my issue, so i just have to find a way. If i sold my body, do you think anyone would buy it? lol Kidding... listen, thanks for all the great replies! Anthony

Feb 7, 2007
Try EMS - Express Mail Service (by INPOSDOM)
(yeah I know post office... but this is a trackable and traceable service, worldwide) - moreover with the tracking number of your INPOSDOM receipt you will be able to track on USPS website

The US delivery is within 48 hours.

Express Mail Service (EMS)

I used this service a lot from Europe (from local post service), about 60% cheaper than cheapest Fedex or UPS. But you'll still pay about 400-500 pesos.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Since I have an account with P.O. Box Int'l, I usually give them my mail and they send it in their everyday pouches then put it in the normal mail when it gets to Miami. Never had any problems and they often do it for free if it's something small...

speedydb10

Jun 12, 2008
going to dr in march 2009

need some feedbacks on el hotel jaragua and also about renting a car in dr.
and gas prices over there. can somebody help. thanks;)

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
need some feedbacks on el hotel jaragua and also about renting a car in dr.
and gas prices over there. can somebody help. thanks;)

Start your own thread, I think it was what Rocky meant. This is a mail thread!!!!!

Also, it is Funny Friday. Take a chill and relax!!!!!

megabiteme

Jan 9, 2008
mmmm- that would save me money on sending my docs and i would get to see my family and kids at the same time. Rocky, make me a box ;) Where's jennie when you need her! or samatha! even baby tabatha could help.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
no need to get so rude idiot. how can you be so rude to a lady. i didnt ask for you to say that
Now that you're upset with me anyhow, I suppose I have nothing to lose in asking you if you normally ask people to be rude to you.
Should I have asked permission?
I just can't see it.
"Pardon me mam, but could I be rude to you?"
Sounds strange to me, and I can't see how anyone would say yes.

That aside, I guess that it would be safe to say that you don't like my sense of humour.
I thought it was brillianrt how I gave continuity to your post by having you mail yourself, but it seems that you didn't. (this being a thread about mail, and all)
I feel so underappreciated....

No big deal... You hurt my feelings a bit, but I should get over it soon.
It's not like you called me an idiot or anything.
And I really should have known that you were female.
All I had to do is.... eh, look closer?... Guess it by the name speedydb?..... Ask you?.....

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
mmmm- that would save me money on sending my docs and i would get to see my family and kids at the same time. Rocky, make me a box ;) Where's jennie when you need her! or samatha! even baby tabatha could help.
Wouldn't that be great? A nose twitch, a snap of the fingers, or a blink of the eyes and the documents would be delivered.
2927600x600.jpg

Looks like you're going to have to spring for the 1,500 pesos.
You can't take a chance on any delays, or worse yet, them getting lost.

megabiteme

Jan 9, 2008
Very nice rocky! put her back in the bottle where you found her and send her to me--lol

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
no need to get so rude idiot. how can you be so rude to a lady. i didnt ask for you to say that

Now looky here ... we're a nice down home bunch of folks here. We don't call others idiots. If you do it again, your access to posting on this site may well be removed. So, play nice!

I'm closing this as the question has been answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.