ipod battery replacement

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Anyone have experience on the North Coast in having a Ipod battery replaced? Hate to have to deal with the mail systems and I miss my Ipod. Thanks.

megabiteme

[ - Mute Button -] Click!
Jan 9, 2008
Anyone have experience on the North Coast in having a Ipod battery replaced? Hate to have to deal with the mail systems and I miss my Ipod. Thanks.

don't know the areas at all, but any store that sells ipods should sell the battery as well. I know serina or plaza lama has ipod batteries, do you have those stores close to you?

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007

What model do you have? On most models battery cannot be replaced at all or by Apple only (will cost more than to buy another IPOD). Those my friends who tried to save and to do it themselves normally ended up using it from 110V only.
Be careful. Check your manual. Call Apple.

Apple is notorious for tricks like this. Read forums.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Ipod

Thank you for the input. I am able to buy the battery and tools to replace it online via mail order for $20.00 plus the postage, more or less. It just takes so long to send it. I may just give it to the next gringo friend going back to the US. and have them mail if off to the repair shop. What I was hoping that someone knew of an after market, repair shop here in the DR. Fully agree that apple is no great shakes but I love my Ipod. Its generation 3 40 gig and I have 7000 songs on it. I did back up the music but of course I left the back up with a friend in the US. From research I know that when the case is opened the apple warranty is void but my ipod is old and has no warranty. Guess I gotta remember what my wife tells me about 5 times a day, what do you think, this aint Miami