Application to Canada question-What should i do?

sherri

Jan 25, 2006
I have been living here in the D.R since earlier last year. I have no income that i can claim from last year(not Canadian income anyway) My husband and i finally decided to put in the papers. I am going to Canada in july for my baby shower and at the same time i am going to file the papers. Im not sure if i should indicate that i am living here exculsively or not? I have my address in Canada where it shows im on a townhouse lease, so what would be better for me to indicate? I am only staying there for a week and coming back here. I am having the baby here since if i stay in Canada i have no way to retain a job considering im 6 months pregnant and will not be able to get maternity so quickly. Also can not get government assistance or risk not being able to sponsor as i have NEVER recieved any government money. What is the best solution for me? Say i live here currently but give a detailed explaination of why but will be returning home upon return of the residency?

Please someone who has some previous experience or knowledge in this matter would be great.

Oh and please no smart a$% comments...im pregnant and who knows what i am capable of...lol..ask my husband! ;)

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Also check this post http://www.dr1.com/forums/645527-post6.html.

Write to Corolla24 she was in a similar situation and it all worked out.

Don't worry about smart ass comments and condescending posts, they are not allowed in this forum. You will get nothing put support from people going through the same thing.;)

Welcome aboard

Last edited: