wasp sting cure

J

John Evans

anyone got a cure for sodding f----ing wasp stings.......gracias........

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Good old meat tenderizer worked great for me when I was stung multiple times by wasp.

That was on my list to bring back from the States last trip, but I forgot unfortunately.

J

John Evans

errr you mean a hammer or the salt stuff vicious f---ing things arent they ...they make you swear too

A

apostropheman

errr you mean a hammer or the salt stuff
109_M_MeatTenderizer_M.jpg

093-D-189.jpg

OR
41CV82HHVGL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Decisions, decisions :D:bunny::bunny:

J

John Evans

seems a strange cure.....im hoping to meet some dr1ers tomorrow and dont want to put anything swollen into a ladies hand (it stung my hand)

A

apostropheman

John,
try applying vinegar.

IIRC that's what my Grandmother used if we got stung...and it seemed to work well.
seems a strange cure.....im hoping to meet some dr1ers tomorrow and dont want to put anything swollen into a ladies hand (it stung my hand)
I just asked a nurse friend and was told to also apply ice and elevate your hand to reduce swelling. If it itches use calamine lotion or take a benadryl.

I hope you feel better soonest :)

megabiteme

[ - Mute Button -] Click!
Jan 9, 2008
First off make sure you got the stinger out if left behind. what works good is orajel or skin cortisone, it will help numb the area until it gets better. Ice will help as well. Take some benadryl and also try some benadryl ointment to put on the area.

bennymack

Apr 12, 2006
I got a nasty sting on my calf while hiking last year. I took benadryl and ibuprofen, but after 3 days of suffering when to the doctor and got the "inyeccion." I think it was an antihistamine and valium or something. Anyway, I slept for half a day and the swelling went way down and I wasn't suffering anymore. Good luck!

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
An antihistimine works fast. For best results take as soon as possible after the sting. Brand names chlorotripilon or benedryl (spelling may be wrong - hopefully someone can correct it if necessary. I always keep these close at hand.

A

apostropheman

Hopefully John did not die of shock ;) and will soon tell us what he used and how he made out :D:bunny::bunny:

J

John Evans

I.m not dead .....nothing worked ....I have a swollen hand and my head might explode....the hand has gone down to only twice the size of the other one now so I can type

A

apostropheman

you're obviously feeling MUCH better as you're no longer cursing and swearing :D:bunny::bunny:
I.m not dead .....nothing worked ....I have a swollen hand and my head might explode....the hand has gone down to only twice the size of the other one now so I can type

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
Mr. Evans, make sure you did get the stinger out because the wasps in DR are quite nasty! I was stung by one hiking in the campos and that was not a pleasant experience, fortunately for me the swelling was minimal! LOL