wedding planner

Status
Not open for further replies.

peppercorn

Aug 10, 2005
looking for some information with small group to get married on the beach in early October..2008. Resort or hotel with all inclusive.

cheers,

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
AI weddings....

Hi peppercorn,
My advice - pretty sound but don't take it as gospel.... I don't think any of the resorts have ceremonies on the beach - they all have little "settings" in the resort and grounds that are very lovely and then the photos include the beach stuff.
I would also look at it the other way round - are you Brit? - and look at the travel companies brochures/sites first and find a resort that you like and see what packages they offer for weddings and wedding parties - all of the tour operators have a wedding co-ordinator and most of the hotels too. They organise everything and it usually runs very smoothly - as smoothly as DR life allows - lol!
There are some good deals around for paying an all in one price and a rough rule of thumb - the better the resort the better the wedding day!!
Hope this helps....
Rio

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
You can definitely have your wedding on the beach.

We were married in March 2008 (this year) at VIVA Wyndham Playa Dorada.

Ceremony & Reception on the beach all taken care of by the wedding planner at the hotel.

They did a fabulous job & took care of everything for us.

The hotel is nice, rooms are clean & spacious, food is average, staff are very helpful.

I am not sure if all hotels offer this service but this hotel has almost all their weddings on the beach.

Let me know if you need/want anymore info

Sangria

Grandma Jen

Jan 16, 2008
Breezes is a good place to get married - 4*AI - food excellent and wedding
co-ordinator - most AI's have them

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Our son was just married at the RIU Bachata in Maimon. Everything went well, no problems. I'm sure you can contact any resort and ask for their wedding co-ordinator.

sparky11867

Jan 5, 2008
sosua bay hotel...

I just got married there at the end of May, and all was very nice. They had all their ducks in a row, and they offered us many services (many of which we turned down). One nice thing....they upgraded our room for free, and the room and view was spectacular for the price we paid ($135 night through expedia, all inclusive). They offered us flowers, cake, etc. for a price, but we opted for buying flowers at the local florist, and that was much more cost effective. The photographer they provided at the hotel was great, and we got great pics. FYI, whether we got them printed or on disc, the cost was $10 a pic. They did offer us the option to get married on the beach but it rained the day of our wedding. The place we ended up getting married at was just as beautiful. The view was fabulous! Anyway, good luck. Hope this info helps.

Rebecca

snowbird44

Oct 29, 2004
My son is getting married in January at one of the Riu Hotels in Maimon and they do beach weddings.
Just contact the wedding coordinator at the resort of your choice and ask what kind of services they provide.

Juniper

Apr 15, 2004
You should try Las Terrenas, we have some of the most beautiful beaches in the country.

There is a great wedding planner in the area of Las Terrenas-Playa Bonita-Playa Coson that can arrange beautiful weddings on the beach. There are a few of the hotels that always use her whenever they have a "destination wedding". Her name is Nancy.

She is about the only one in the area that does this sort of work.

Juniper

shuffine

Jan 17, 2006
Thnx juniper! If anyone want's to reach Nancy for weddings in/on the Samana peninsula (Las Terrenas, etc.) her email is shuffine1@yahoo.com and the phone number is 829-342-6478 or 6476. You are right she is about the only one that can really get the job done and get it done beatifully.

Status
Not open for further replies.