Return of the black dust

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJguy

Oct 13, 2006
Has anyone else in the POP/Costambar/Cofresi area noticed that the black dust from the power plant in Costambar has returned?

ForeignNative

Jun 16, 2008
Freaking Pave them Roads!!!!

I was just in Costambar this past week looking for property to invest in and this question is what currently holding me from investing there.

From my understanding what they did to remedy the problem was install filters to catch the larger dust particles from going into the air however there is still an amount of particles that do not get filtered.

Futhermore the property that I am looking into is right near the plant!

Another alarming factor is the amount of property that is currently for sale in Costambar. It seems there is not a single road that doesn't have at least one property for sale. This hints to a slow real estate market in that area. It also does not help that roads leading to and within the community are in total despair.

I?m really disappointed with the roads within the community. I think that freshly paving the roads to and within the community will give that Costambar a completely different look and will draw in investors and tourist alike. Not to mention the wonders it would do to property values.

Anyway just my 2cents:classic:
Rob

ffritz

Feb 7, 2008
www.gymbar.blogspot.com
Watch this space Rob, as a community we are working towards solving many of the problems we have. It won't be quick - it's taken 20 years to get in this state - but we'll get there one day.

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004
...Another alarming factor is the amount of property that is currently for sale in Costambar. It seems there is not a single road that doesn't have at least one property for sale...

this alone is not a negative sign as far as Costamber goes because anywhere you go, all over the island no matter which community, you will see many properties for sale. i currently live in Perla Marina and just in my building there are 3 apartments for sale. and every street has 2-3 houses for sale. Sea Horse Ranch has many villas for sale too.

Arrica

Jun 3, 2006
this alone is not a negative sign as far as Costamber goes because anywhere you go, all over the island no matter which community, you will see many properties for sale. i currently live in Perla Marina and just in my building there are 3 apartments for sale. and every street has 2-3 houses for sale. Sea Horse Ranch has many villas for sale too.

Which once again indicates that the DR real estate market is not liquid and you must know what you invest in, willing to hold and remain.

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
We looked at the area several years ago and decided not to buy there although it is a pretty spot. For us, the cons outweighed the pros. One factor was the road, which has been the same for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.