Where in Puerto Plata is "RUSA"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Traveler

Jun 7, 2008
I am looking to exchange USD to Dominican Pesos when I arrive in POP this week. From using the search function on this site, I understand "RUSA" is a place where one can get a good rate. Just wondering if someone can tell me where exactly RUSA is and do the cab drivers know? Also in RUSA a cambio or an "exchange house" of some sort. Thanks

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
It's on 12 de Julio immediately opposite Fine Gift Centre in the centre of town - yes, it's a money exchange office. The cab drivers will know Fine Gift Centre for sure. RUSA is one block past Post Office on 12 de Julio i.e. just past intersection of 12 de Julio with Separacion.

They have another smaller office on 27 de Febrero.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Lambada, they closed the one on 27 Febrero.

They now have a small one across from the Brugal Factory (where the tours are) just on the east side of the factory.

They also have a big one on Manola T. Justo at the new gas station plaza Sunexo. (hope I spelled that right)

Their exchange rate on US and Canadian money is always excellent.

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
Not the same one..............

Planner:

I used the RUSA by Sam's bar the last week I was there in June. When did it close?

Planner was talking about the other one that used to be across the street on the corner from Codetel.................on 27 de Febrero.......

.......the Main office near Sams' is still open..

Status
Not open for further replies.