the dominican lie beware ex pats

vinnie

Mar 19, 2003
70 percent of this country live in absolute poverty.30 percent live in a dream world if you are thinking of living here first of all check out santodomingo .
we have kids mothers on the streets a far throw from the never never land of sousa or in fact the north coast.i have lived all over this island and helped in many countries in africa.it sadens me to look at here and so much is ignored.why money is why dominicans think money first forget loyaltiy dsnt matter who you are .s0 just a freindly warning to ex pats take care.
ps if any dominicans are reading this its clear you or your family have money so shut up

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
70 percent of this country live in absolute poverty.30 percent live in a dream world if you are thinking of living here first of all check out santodomingo .
we have kids mothers on the streets a far throw from the never never land of sousa or in fact the north coast.i have lived all over this island and helped in many countries in africa.it sadens me to look at here and so much is ignored.why money is why dominicans think money first forget loyaltiy dsnt matter who you are .s0 just a freindly warning to ex pats take care.
ps if any dominicans are reading this its clear you or your family have money so shut up

Sorry mate, you're going to have to give us the cipher. It's obviously in code as I don't have the faintest idea what your post is about?:ermm:

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
What an a$$hole... I agree 100% what Rocky summed up,
http://www.dr1.com/forums/604048-post34.html
You have to wonder about this guy's mental health/stability.
He moved back to England in February, so one would think that he would have gotten over it by now, but apparently not.
What possible reason would he have to come back to this forum, now that he no longer has anything to do with the DR?
To satisfy his need to complain?
To make himself feel superior, by claiming that Dominicans are inferior?
He despises Dominicans, yet he married one.
There's something very wrong here.

( From the above posted link, http://www.dr1.com/forums/604048-post34.html )
Vinnie, dude.
I gave you the benefit of the doubt, in thinking that maybe you just had a long string of bad luck.
I ignored your lack of education and inability to spell.
I disregarded your tendency to lash out at everyone and everything, blaming your lot in life on them.
But now that you have opened up and shown us who you truly are, I fully understand why you did not succeed here in the DR and have to go running home with your tail between your legs.
You bucked the system instead of trying to go with the flow, so everybody shyt on you along the way.
That's what happens to uncooperative people who refuse to learn and who think that they are superior and know better.
They will always get the raw end of the stick, because nobody likes them.
They will never have true friends, because they are not likable people themselves.

So the bad news is....
It's going to be just as bad in Great Britain, as you have learned nothing in life, and problems and strife will follow you around 'till your dying day.
May God have mercy on your poor worthless soul.

Mar 2, 2008
Apparently one too many gin and tonics. G and Ts have a tendency to extract regret and remorse. They dissolve the stiff upper lip over time.

J

John Evans

exterminate mad posters

mrdalek2-8.jpg

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Oh John honey you are always entertaining!!!! Too funny.... can I borrow your exterminator ???? ;)

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Where is the op from anyway? That is some pretty awful English.

It reminds me of the first letter I wrote in Spanish after only 1 week of studying, haha. :ermm:

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Where is the op from anyway? That is some pretty awful English.

It reminds me of the first letter I wrote in Spanish after only 1 week of studying, haha. :ermm:

Chip:

Is this pea brain even worth responding to bro?

tambo'

Manigault

Dec 26, 2006

Dominicans are just the most ignorant, undereducated people on earth. I'm absolutely appalled at people that graduate high school and college yet still are illiterate.

Then you have the so-called elite of Santiago lol all you need is to bring $1000 to the DR and live like royalty.

Didn't Thomas Edison create electricity in the 1800's? and it's 2008 and they still haven't figured it out???

DR is great because it is exploitable, if that weren't the case we would all be going to Puerto Rico..

Admit it.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Dominicans are just the most ignorant, undereducated people on earth. I'm absolutely appalled at people that graduate high school and college yet still are illiterate.

Then you have the so-called elite of Santiago lol all you need is to bring $1000 to the DR and live like royalty.

Didn't Thomas Edison create electricity in the 1800's? and it's 2008 and they still haven't figured it out???

DR is great because it is exploitable, if that weren't the case we would all be going to Puerto Rico..

Admit it.

You, my dear, are an a**hole.
And that is coming from a professional, college-educated, American woman.
SKing - SHALENA
****and I RARELY curse!:disappoin

Manigault

Dec 26, 2006
You, my dear, are an a**hole.
And that is coming from a professional, college-educated, American woman.
SKing - SHALENA
****and I RARELY curse!:disappoin

I call it how I see it. You haven't seen where people found it acceptable to go to the bathroom directly in the Ocean? I just finished reading a thread where a guy went to a national bank and they didn't have change lol???

Mar 2, 2008
Well, yes and no.
It's exploitable to a point. However, I think it is a much more symbiotic relationship than an exploitative one.

There is some mutual rip off, some mutual benefit, and, in my opinion at least, there exists an all-around mutual love/hate thing between Dominicans and ex-pats / tourists / etc., as there is in most relationships.

Obviously, we like it here because we think it's a good deal, but it's also a trade-off, and we make many contributions as well (I'd like to think we do anyway), and I believe our contributions are understood and appreciated by most.

Again, just my opinion.

yomaira

Apr 28, 2008

Admit it.

litlen to me, who do you think you're to speak of my country and my people like that, let me tell you something piece of beast, before opening your mouth put your tiny brain to operate, and dont be talking about my people that way. as***ole

posd. if you dont like the people GET OUT AND DONT COME BACK

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
I call it how I see it.???
Time for you to visit your optician my friend. Next time you are in Puerto Plata call by & I'll take you to visit a few 'college' &/or 'university' graduates. Okay, they may only be from the lower spectrum of Houses of Learning & not your 'Crem de la Crem', but most would knock socks off you in a debate about how things are in the Educational system here in the DR - They KNOW what they are talking about!!

You haven't seen where people found it acceptable to go to the bathroom directly in the Ocean????
This I have certainly seen for myself .......... In Europe, Africa and other South American countries. This is NOT a Dominican Only habit!! ACTUALLY, I find the Dominican people far more aware of personal hygene than most.

I just finished reading a thread where a guy went to a national bank and they didn't have change lol???
Don't rely on everything you read here on DR1 (or other webpages/forums) as they can be marked with a certain bias/agenda to make a point. Whenever I go out shopping I try to make sure I have change in my pocket to ensure right change is available to the cashier. NOT my responsibility I know, but I try to be helpful if/where I can (& it certainly avoids any dissagreement when checking out). I ALWAYS seem to have RD $50 - RD $80 in change around the house when I go looking!

Have I mentioned "Damage Control" before on this forum????? :cheeky: ~ Grahame.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
litlen to me, who do you think you're to speak of my country and my people like that, let me tell you something piece of beast, before opening your mouth put your tiny brain to operate, and dont be talking about my people that way. as***ole

posd. if you dont like the people GET OUT AND DONT COME BACK
You go girl, you tell him.
I mean if the DR and Dominicans are that bad, what's he doing coming here?
Just to exploit?
Maybe we should expoit him.

yomaira

Apr 28, 2008
I call it how I see it. You haven't seen where people found it acceptable to go to the bathroom directly in the Ocean? I just finished reading a thread where a guy went to a national bank and they didn't have change lol???

God what are you doing here?????
i dont understand, if you are so desapointment and the people is so bad.
them why are you still living here...??????????????????:eek:gre:

somebody explain that to me please.. .

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
God what are you doing here?????
i dont understand, if you are so desapointment and the people is so bad.
them why are you still living here...??????????????????:eek:gre:

somebody explain that to me please.. .
I don't think that he lives here.
I believe that he visits from time to time.... to exploit.