Updated Cost of Golfing around The DR

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
I went golfing with my son and two of my in-laws in our yearly "Father's Day Classic" - Normally the only time I get to golf. Here in Michigan the cost was 34 USD per person which included a cart. This was a public golf course, but actually pretty well maintained.

We were wondering about what the current cost to go golfing in The DR is. I went to Golf Dominicano web page Golf Dominicano, but couldn't find any prices. Also looked at DR1's golf guide, but not sure how up to date those prices are. I know there's probably a wide range of prices depending on course, but any info would be appreciated.

Below the list of golf courses (From Golf Dominicano). If you guys could put a price right next to it would be great.

Las Aromas Santiago Golf Club, Santiago
Barcel? Golf de B?varo, Punta Cana
Campo de Golf Bella Vista Bonao, Santo Domingo
Casa de Campo, La Romana
Catalonia Cabeza de Toro Golf Club, B?varo
Catalonia Caribe Golf Club, B?varo
Dye Fore, La Romana
El Cocotal Golf & Country Club, B?varo
Guavaberry Golf & Country Club, Juan Dolio
Isabel Villas Golf Club, Santo Domingo
Jarabacoa Golf Club, Santiago
La Cana Golf Course, Punta Cana
La Estancia Golf Resort, La Romana
La Romana Country Club, La Romana
Metro Country Club Los Marlins Golf Course, Juan Dolio
National Golf Course Las Lagunas, Santo Domingo
Playa Dorada Golf Club, Playa Dorada
Playa Grande, Playa Grande
Punta Blanca Golf Club, B?varo
Punta Espada Golf Club,Punta Cana
Santo Domingo Country Club, Santo Domingo
Teeth of the Dog, La Romana
The Links Course, La Romana
White Sands Golf Course, B?varo

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
Current cost of Golf in June on North Coast:

Playa Dorada - $1,323 RD - this is the resident price for 18 holes with a shared 1/2 cart. FedoCard rate is higher.

Playa Grande - $1,577 RD - this is the FedoCard price with cart and range balls. Caddy is required (at least one/foursome) and costs $20 US/round.

Tom

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
Punta Espada was 345$ US last April. When you are on the the fairway you could think you already are on the green.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
RD$500 @ Jarabacoa Golf Club. 9 holes but you can play all you want.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Yes I saw that Hlywud, but is not up to date. It is missing several courses, and the prices they give are for members and probably not very up to date. I was hoping golfers here could update the latest prices...or maybe is time for Robert to get updated prices, add missing golf courses, etc.

The 1577 pesos price for Playa Grande seems very decent considering this is supposed to be one of the best courses in the whole Caribbean. I was expecting at least 100 USD...Was that 18 holes?

RGVgal

Bronze
May 26, 2008
Do a lot of women golf in the D.R.? I'm planning a trip in Aug. to Santiago and I was wondering if I should bother taking my clubs..Don't want all the guys to get upset because a woman wants to invade their territory.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Do a lot of women golf in the D.R.? I'm planning a trip in Aug. to Santiago and I was wondering if I should bother taking my clubs..Don't want all the guys to get upset because a woman wants to invade their territory.

Good question...

I would think probably not, but would like to hear from others who have first hand experience. On the other hand I think if you're a decent golfer (In other words you're not holding them back a lot) guys probably wouldn't mind either way.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I done sint the gal a letta tellin' her like it is.

She better brung her clubs!

HB

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
playa grande will cost you about 100us....after tax, caddy ..... without any golf cards its 70+16%tax, plus 20 for the caddy.....and then the beer on the course

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
playa grande will cost you about 100us....after tax, caddy ..... without any golf cards its 70+16%tax, plus 20 for the caddy.....and then the beer on the course
Playa Dorada is about the same IF YOU ARE NOT A Resident, Fedogolf member etc. There IS a 'twilight' rate (4.00 p.m.) which is about RD $1,200 plus cart & caddy I think!! If you intend playing 4 or five times you might also get a 'Package' rate by buying tickets 'up-front'.

Women are always accepted in any group I go round with - you should see some of the 'Old Fogies' I have to put up with sometimes!!:cheeky: :bunny::bunny:!! (No offence guys - you KNOW I love yuse all) ~ Grahame.