student/exchange visa to the US

drmc

Jun 10, 2007
I have returned to the US with my husband after living in the DR for a couple of years. Back here I am a High School Spanish teacher.

My husband and I would like to try andget a Dominican kid we know to come here as an exchange student at my school and stay with us as his host family. I have looked into the necessary paperwork and forms needed to apply for a student visa, and now plan to check with my school to see if this could be made possible based on their normal procedures for accepting or scheduling exchange students. The Dominican student I would like to host is 16, about to enter his 3rd year of HS and speaks fairly fluent English.

Has anyone gone through or familiar with the student visa process? Any info, suggestions, etc?

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
I too am looking into something similar to this, would love to host/sponsor a you dominican student for a visa. Anyone have any info or suggestions how to get the ball rolling here? Are there specific schools and or programs that one should look at to get a young person to come to the states to advance their education?