hotels in consuelo???

krissy4111

Apr 24, 2008
Does anyone know any info on the hotels in consuelo? there are 2 Mi Casa and My Dreams...i'm just wondering about cleanliness, air conditioning, bugs???? any info is appreciated

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
Did you not read anything people posted in the 3 or 4 other threads you started about this same thing; or are you just thinking that eventually someone will tell you what you want to hear, and then everything will be all right?

I have stayed at My Dreams. It is not particularly clean, and if I recall, the lights were out a lot those 2 days, so there was no hot water, and the shower head was missing in my room, so I took a cold shower from the pipe sticking out of the wall. I asked to see another room, and it was worse. I had AC, but there weren't even lights if the power was off during the day, because they wouldn't turn their little planta on except at night, and then it was not adequate to power the AC. I don't remember about bugs, but it would be the exception rather than the rule for a hotel like this in the tropics not to have them.

All of these are minor, secondary things if staying in Consuelo is as important to you as you are making it to be. Since you clearly are not going to take the good advice given by others not to go at all, just face the fact that there are no tourist grade hotels in town and live with it!

RGVgal

Bronze
May 26, 2008
Why would you go there? Please don't say it's for a guy. If so, you are nuts! Any decent guy that wants you to visit him, would already have made accommodation arrangements for you in a nice area that has decent hotels and he WOULD PAY!!

krissy4111

Apr 24, 2008
im just wondering who you people think you are or why you think you can be rude to people? Does it make you feel good inside?

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Krissy people are just trying to help. Consuelo is a no go area. End of story. Following your emails, as requested I have booked an apartment for you in Juan Dolio and offered to pick you up at the airport, and answered all of your questions and now it appears you still want to go to Consuelo. Well that is your decision. People have tried to help you, people who have lived here for years, but you think you know best. No self respecting Dominican would want a girlfriend of his to live in Consuelo, even for a holiday.

Matilda

DominicanBilly

Mar 9, 2005
harborviewcondos.4t.com
Consuelo

Stayed at Mi Casa almost 2 years ago. Summer of 2006. Same story as other post. Reasonably clean, power outages means no a/c or water pressure. Been here for a long time and have stayed in worse places. For a first timer here outside of an AI it would be a pretty long stay even if for a week. Stay in San Pedro de Macoris which is only 20 minutes away and has some better (2-3 star) accommodations.
No one is been mean by not sugar coating the facts.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Maybe she wants other things in her bed besides her B/f???? this is a very determined and moon-struck girl. A total idiot in my opinion, but what do I know, I have only been here longer than her parents have been alive!! Been there, done that....
Sleaze is sleaze no matter.

HB full of scorn for people who waste good advice.

krissy4111

Apr 24, 2008
you people really need to learn to do more constructive things with your time besides being rude and making fun of people

RGVgal

Bronze
May 26, 2008
im just wondering who you people think you are or why you think you can be rude to people? Does it make you feel good inside?

I don't think anyone is being rude to you. We are trying to advice you on what a terrible idea it is for you to go to Consuelo and stay at a love motel. Do you know anyone there besides the guy you want to visit? What if something happens and you need help, who are you going to contact?

I don't understand why women like to put themselves in these kind of situations. Why not go with him to Juan Dolio or another more touristy place where you will not be so isolated should you need help.

And again, if you are flying to the DR just to meet up with this guy, the least he can do is arrange for you to stay at a decent hotel and pay for it. Don't you think you deserve that much? Have some self worth.