Lots of beautiful women in DR??? Where??

Status
Not open for further replies.

camden

Jun 6, 2008
I've lived in Florida and NYC and know many beautiful women from all over the world. Now having read on this board about the beauty of Dominican women I'm puzzled. Where are these beautiful women? I'm in Puerto Plata right now and all I see is average. Where are all the beauties I read about? Am I just in the WRONG area???

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
camden, you know what they say "one man's fantasy is another man's nightmare"..
consider the source of your info. hopefully your info didn't come from an over 50 fellow. you know they need their eyes checked :ermm:
there are beautiful girls in the DR but it all depends on whose standards we are using as a measuring stick.

Last edited:

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Some tourists and expats confuse beautiful for "available, willing and cheap"-because to them, that IS beauty.

So maybe you DID get wrong information.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Beauty is completely in the eyes of the beholder. If you went by what many guys say on here, Canadian women are all overweight and unattractive, whereas every place I've lived in Canada from West coast to east coast there are many beautiful women.

camden

Jun 6, 2008
Beauty is completely in the eyes of the beholder. If you went by what many guys say on here, Canadian women are all overweight and unattractive, whereas every place I've lived in Canada from West coast to east coast there are many beautiful women.

Bob, I was beginning to wonder why I was unlucky enough not to see all the beauties around.

Thanks for the input guys. I really wonder at guys who say there only see ugly fat women in the U.S. and beautiful women in DR or wherever! It makes your expectations high when you travel. You figure wow, if they think the women here are ugly and fat, then the DR women must be beyond spectacular.

camden

Jun 6, 2008
I'll be in Santiago tomorrow with an American?Dominican friend. Now should I expect to see "average" girls there too? Is Santiago also hyped??

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I'll be in Santiago tomorrow with an American?Dominican friend. Now should I expect to see "average" girls there too? Is Santiago also hyped??

Your a tourist, a "decent" attractive girl is not going to give you the time of day. Why would she?

Unless...

You dress to blend in.
Speak great Spanish.
Are introduced.
Under 50.
etc etc etc.

Look at the site link above. This is the difference between living and assimilating to what you see as a visitor.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Thanks for the input guys. I really wonder at guys who say there only see ugly fat women in the U.S. and beautiful women in DR or wherever!

Take a good look at the guys saying that. Then ask yourself what pretty, young lady would jump up and down at the sight of some of these guys. I rest my case.

It makes your expectations high when you travel. You figure wow, if they think the women here are ugly and fat, then the DR women must be beyond spectacular.

That point is exaggerated for the reason I stated previously. Some of these guys have women gawking at them for the first time in their lives while in the DR-and lets' face it-a desperate, poor chica only sees dollar signs when in the presence of a gringo tourist.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
You will definitely see them in Santiago....
I ALWAYS make sure I look my best in Santiago........(No going to La Sirena in sweatpants and a T-shirt! Even though that is my best Wal-Mart outfit jajaja)
SHALENA

camden

Jun 6, 2008
Your a tourist, a "decent" attractive girl is not going to give you the time of day. Why would she?

Unless...

You dress to blend in.
Speak great Spanish.
Are introduced.
Under 50.
etc etc etc.

Look at the site link above. This is the difference between living and assimilating to what you see as a visitor.

First off I'm talking about "seeing" beautiful women there. I am asking where they are as I have seen barely average BUT I have heard so much hype. The curiosity gets the better of me. I was expecting a flood of beauties..

I will be with a native speaker tomorrow. I am just under 40, 6" tall ,175lbs,blond hair blue eyes and fit. I (German Swede mix). I am not there to pick up, but came because I was curious about the Real Estate market and also some other biz. But I am a straight guy and really wanted to see if there were girls here "hotter" than the ones in Miami since so many guys seemed to be amazed.

But I think I get it now. It's not that there are many girls here hotter than the ones in some parts of the U.S. It's that some people's guidelines of beauty may be way different than my own.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2005
some old dude must have stolen Kyles girlfriend he is excessively obsessed with mentioning men OVER 50 in all his posts!!!!!!!!!!!

The OP wasnt talking about having sex with the girls, he was only talking about seeing them!!!!!!!!!!

why does it have to turn into 50 year old guys having sex with substandard women all the time??

I bet many people say "lots" of beautiful women when they mean percentage wise.

if you see 1000 women in a day you may have seen more women above your grade of say a "7" than you would have seen in 1000 women in kentucky or canada or where ever else

then there is each persons view of hot

if you like blondes..

you may not see as many "hot" babes in the DR as you would in Florida!!!

I would say, since i have been many many times to both areas....that percentage wise....

I will certainly see better looking women in the Cibao region that I see on the north coast.

it also maybe just the women i REMEMBER

for sure i would SEE more women in the Cibao region than I see on the north coast because of the places I tend to visit..

IE: i dont go to shopping malls on the north coast.....

just my view

and Kyle just because someone is under 50 doesnt make them any more attractive than someone over

there are a lot of 25 year men who are dogs too!!!!!!!!!! ha ha ha

bad bob

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
The visitor is coming to santiago on a week day and is going to walk around monumento and the streets of santiago, he will not see anything special to write home about. The pretty girls are not walking the streets, the ghetto girls are. The pretty, elegant girls are driven around in cars, they are studying in universities or working inside buildings and businesses. So if you want to see people walking on the streets under the hot sun, don't expect to see miss universe anywhere.
AZB

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
The visitor is coming to santiago on a week day and is going to walk around monumento and the streets of santiago, he will not see anything special to write home about. The pretty girls are not walking the streets, the ghetto girls are. The pretty, elegant girls are driven around in cars, they are studying in universities or working inside buildings and businesses. So if you want to see people walking on the streets under the hot sun, don't expect to see miss universe anywhere.
AZB

I guess I will be considered ghetto then, I love to walk...especially when I am in a new area.

It's all in the eye of the beholder, I guess

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I guess I will be considered ghetto then, I love to walk...especially when I am in a new area.

It's all in the eye of the beholder, I guess
AZB was not maligning anyone who walks, but he accurately describes why one does not see all the raving beauties of whom so many people speak.
They are not out in the streets.

RGVgal

Bronze
May 26, 2008
But I am a straight guy and really wanted to see if there were girls here "hotter" than the ones in Miami since so many guys seemed to be amazed.

I think you are comparing apples and oranges..Miami is a muticultural city..you can't compare the sophistaced women you'll see in a trendy south beach bar sipping Martinis with dirt poor dominican women walking around the north coast.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
First off I'm talking about "seeing" beautiful women there. I am asking where they are as I have seen barely average BUT I have heard so much hype. The curiosity gets the better of me. I was expecting a flood of beauties..

Did you look at the link I posted?

If you go to the right places at the right times, you will see a flood of beauties.

What AZB said....

Status
Not open for further replies.