air conditioner question

white light

Sep 25, 2006
I have a split unit air conditioner. Two weeks ago I had it cleaned by a air conditioned technician ever since then it has been dripping water out of the front of the unit On to the floor. I have had three different technicians look at it since then and nobody can fix the problem. All of the parts inside are protected and I figure at this point maybe it's just best to put a towel down and let the water continue.

I would appreciate any help or information you can give about this situation.

If you know of a very good air conditioner person in the POP area let me know.

Thank you,
white light :ermm:

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I have a split unit air conditioner. Two weeks ago I had it cleaned by a air conditioned technician ever since then it has been dripping water out of the front of the unit On to the floor. I have had three different technicians look at it since then and nobody can fix the problem. All of the parts inside are protected and I figure at this point maybe it's just best to put a towel down and let the water continue.

I would appreciate any help or information you can give about this situation.

If you know of a very good air conditioner person in the POP area let me know.

Thank you,
white light :ermm:
it sounds like your drain tube is blocked.
Pull it off, see that the water drains from there, make sure the tube is not blocked or kinked and hook it back up.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
On the way to PP from Sosua a short distance before the circle in the same Plaza as Vimenca on your right is an AC store. It is a large place and all they do is sell and repair ACs. You can try there.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
On the way to PP from Sosua a short distance before the circle in the same Plaza as Vimenca on your right is an AC store. It is a large place and all they do is sell and repair ACs. You can try there.
It's called Refripartes.

white light

Sep 25, 2006
Drain tube

one of the technicians did check the drain tube and said it a was clogged and cleaned it out. Still have the problem continuing. It's not possible for me to take down the air conditioner and bring it into companies. I need a technician to come out to me and check it out . Thanks for the input.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
one of the technicians did check the drain tube and said it a was clogged and cleaned it out. Still have the problem continuing. It's not possible for me to take down the air conditioner and bring it into companies. I need a technician to come out to me and check it out . Thanks for the input.
Refripartes will do that, but don't trust the fact that the techie unplugged it.
Do it yourself.
Just blow through it to see if it is free and clear.
There's only 2 possibilities. That the tube is blocked, or the drain hole leading to it is.
Once you disconnect the tube, you will know.
If water comes out, then it's the tube.
If no water comes out and the AC drips from elsewhere, then the drain is blocked inside.
For that, i presume you will want a techmician.
For the tube, there is no need.
It's no more complicated than if your garden hose was blocked or kinked.

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
I wouldn't take the techs word for the tube being unplugged. Verify it yourself cause I think Rocky might be right.

wilywes

Feb 4, 2008
any idea of what a small bedroom air conditioner would cost at that repair shop in pop. I would say a 6-8000 btu unit? just trying to deciede if i should bring one from canada with me.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
algae

It's a drip line... and the reason it's called that is because that's the way condensation water comes out of there... in droplets at no pressure.
Allergies (algae) loves to form in there, especially at these temperatures... and they obstruct the drip line easily... even in some cars(!).
You need to open your split air handler and locate the drip pan which leads the water into the drip line. First you may fool around with some wire, but make sure the end is bent around 180 degree so you won't pinch the drip line. the try pouring some warm water and see if it will come out at the exit or if it overfill. You may also add chlorine. Ones you have it cleaned out and also made sure there is a sufficient downwards slope all the way, get some AC chlorine pills in the States which can be placed in the drip pan, thus limiting annoying repetitions of the issue.

... J-D.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Try what these guys are suggesting - if you still have issues try - Papo 1-809-841-4445
He owns a small A/C and refrigeration company. I have bought my a/c from him for home and office, recommended many others to him and never had a complaint. His pricing is fair too!

He also deals in used units if that is of interest to anyone. PM me if you want more info.

By the way - tell him the "blonde" sent you.....LOL

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
I agree..........

........that the problem has got to be either the drain tube or the "leveling" of the unit...............
............Make sure you see water coming out of the tube on the outside or whereever it drains..............AND

............Make sure that the unit which is attached to the wall is SLIGHTLY tilted to the side where the drain hose is...............

..........THE ONLY TIME you will have a Dominican worker actually "level" something is when you don't want it to be!

..........and yes, I bet you'll be able to find MORE than 3 tech's that won't be able to solve a little "pitch" problem............