Playa Vista?

Daniel W.

Jan 20, 2003
I noticed that their last blog entry was in October, 2007, and my e-mails to to the owners have gone unanswered. I hope that they are well...

Thanks in advance for any information!

peep2

Bronze
Oct 24, 2004
I have spoken to Peter a couple of times about the lack of updates on his blog. As a regular visitor to Playa Vista it was nice to be able to catch up on happenings in B C . Since Peter always put a happy and or positive spin on everything he wrote, you would have to read between the lines to get the gist of what was really happening. There in lies the problem. Since Peter and Flemming are trying to run an honest business in a totally corrupt town overflowing with thieves, Peter finally ran out of good things to say about Boca Chica. Rather than say anything bad, he has chosen to say nothing. That is my take on the situation.

johnnj2000

Mar 27, 2004
you are so right , it is filled with thieves , I have been traveling there for over 15 years , the goverment has managed to clean up the streets for the resort tourists at night ,and now most of the girls can only be in a small area in the center of the calle which is directly accross the street from the local disco or whorehouse. most of the girls now go to or go back and fourth between there and the town of SoSewer or Sosua. They seem to want to eventually clean that area up and make it a desireable place to live with the developments of condos and regentrification thats been going on there. but still , even now the con artists are there all trying to sell you the dream, a piece of land or property to call your own , but let the buyer beware , you must be able to get a green title!!!!!. and as for the places there ,please dont go to italy italy , the owner is a complete ripp off! he thinks his restaurant commands new york prices?

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
What is the current rate at Playa Vista now? Is it considered a safe place?

peep2

Bronze
Oct 24, 2004
Playa Vista isn't really a hotel. During the day you can rent beach chairs and avail yourself of the bar and showers but they pretty much close down for the night.

pfh3737

Jul 2, 2004
Playa Vista Blogs and a Sequel

The good old Playa Vista Boca Chica blog has been taken out of the cupboard and with restrained reinvogoration relaunched as Exotic Caribbean and as a little bonus, approximate story by story Spanish translations are to be found at Significado de la Vida.

The blog sequel stepping further afield from time to time is to be found at Meaning to Life