A resort for my wife's 39 birthday (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Can anyone recommend a non AI on the north coast where I can take my wife for her 39th birthday? I found Los Gringos which is about 3 to 4 hour drive from POP but they are booked. It looked good on the web and I would like something like that on the North cost if possible. Los Gringos seemed a little remote and offers nice accommodations with one meal included per day. Any ideas?

We also celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary the same month.

thanks Phil

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
Huh!

Crikey Phil,

Child bride or what? ;)

Can't suggest anywhere, sorry, not classy enough....:laugh:

Rio

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Some of the advantages.

Thanks rio2003 and Rocky I'll google both places.
Both of them are nice and right in the center, so you can walk out the door and have all the conveniences imaginable.
Tours are available all over and cost half the price that they charge in isolated AI resorts.
You could opt for meals included, or not.
You could easily meet other DR1ers.

lollipop

Mar 28, 2008
Can anyone recommend a non AI on the north coast where I can take my wife for her 39th birthday? I found Los Gringos which is about 3 to 4 hour drive from POP but they are booked. It looked good on the web and I would like something like that on the North cost if possible. Los Gringos seemed a little remote and offers nice accommodations with one meal included per day. Any ideas?

We also celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary the same month.

thanks Phil
Did you guys get married when she was still inside her mother's womb or what?

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
You folks are funny and apparently not married. LOL. My wife refused to age any more after her first 39th birthday. So every birthday after her first 39th one (many years ago) as always been another 39th birthday. Should I even suggest her real age in any conversation I end up in deep kaka. LOL. As far as the resort I would like something a little remote around Las Teranas would be nice. As we live in POP and visit Sosua and Caberette a lot we kinda like to get out a little from towns we know. thanks again Phil

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
Eternal youth....yes please

You folks are funny and apparently not married. LOL. My wife refused to age any more after her first 39th birthday. So every birthday after her first 39th one (many years ago) as always been another 39th birthday. Should I even suggest her real age in any conversation I end up in deep kaka. LOL. As far as the resort I would like something a little remote around Las Teranas would be nice. As we live in POP and visit Sosua and Caberette a lot we kinda like to get out a little from towns we know. thanks again Phil

And there was me thinking she had discovered a "font of eternal youth" in the DR. I was going to ask its wherabouts! :cheeky:

Rio

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004

This is the female version of a long-standing joke which was part of the persona of the legendary comedian Jack Benny, who lived into his 90s, but always said he was 39. A lot of women take it a step further and stop counting at 29.;)

ben oregon

Apr 20, 2008
Sosua by the Sea , is very nice and really recomend it.The breakfast buffet is supper specially when you seat in the left far end table.And for Sun down ,around 6:30pm you could have a nice drink of scoth/rhum/Black labeled...... and shoot some pool with the best view of the planet.Acos the steet, there is massage place($10/$15 per hour) never tried them! Good luck with your celebration

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
The OP would like to stay in another area, as he lives closeby to Sosua, so is looking for something in La Samana.

Last edited by a moderator:

hicksy

Nov 25, 2005
Try Natura Cabanas in the Perla Marina area. Similar feel to Los Gringos, but nicer.

fabsab

Mar 7, 2008
www.dr1.com
Las Terrenas Hotel

Try Hotel Atlantis in Playa Bonita.
Its locsted in one of the best beaches I have ever been to. Playa Bonita. And it sure is Bonita. Its a perfect place for couples.

Status
Not open for further replies.