Fishing in Sosua....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trig

Aug 20, 2006
30 Days!!!

Only 30 days till our 2nd vacation in the DR!! We are staying in Cabarete this time around instead of Cofresi. Our family is so excited, we can't wait. We've decided to do 27 Waterfalls for the family and my brother in law and I want to go fishing. Any other suggestions for the family? Restaurant suggestions are also welcome. We're staying @ Ville Leone.
Could someone please pm me Victor's phone number to arrange a trip out for us.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Visit the Cabarete Caves.
Horseback riding.
Snorkeling in Sosua Bay.
Do a "discover scuba diving" adventure with Northern Coast Dive Center.
Go boogy boarding at Playa Grande.
Take the Teleferico to the top of Mount Isabella de Torres in POP.

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
If you're really brave, there's an old road that goes up the back side of Mount Isabella de Torres, rent a couple of motor bikes or a sturdy 4wd and take that route up.

Trig

Aug 20, 2006
Thank you very much for the reply's. We did the Teleferico to the top of Mount Isabella last year and I must say, our whole family will never forget that experience. There wasn't one of us that wasn't moved by that trip. Some of the family plan on horseback riding on the beach out front. I haven't heard of Cabarete Caves, could you please fill me in? We made it to Sosua Bay last year on the last day of our vacation. It was absolutely beautiful and the reason we are staying closer this year. But, unfortunatly, I think we were taken advantage of. Can we go snorkeling right off of the beach or do we have to hire a boat to take us past the nude beach to the reef?
I'm looking for something very relaxing to do with the inlaws since they are having a hard time with physical activity at this time.
Also, Rocky, from Cabarete, could you give me directions to your place. I've read that you have the best ribs!!
Thanks.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Thank you very much for the reply's. We did the Teleferico to the top of Mount Isabella last year and I must say, our whole family will never forget that experience. There wasn't one of us that wasn't moved by that trip. Some of the family plan on horseback riding on the beach out front. I haven't heard of Cabarete Caves, could you please fill me in? We made it to Sosua Bay last year on the last day of our vacation. It was absolutely beautiful and the reason we are staying closer this year. But, unfortunatly, I think we were taken advantage of. Can we go snorkeling right off of the beach or do we have to hire a boat to take us past the nude beach to the reef?
I'm looking for something very relaxing to do with the inlaws since they are having a hard time with physical activity at this time.
Also, Rocky, from Cabarete, could you give me directions to your place. I've read that you have the best ribs!!
Thanks.
Hi Trig,
I'm a bit confused about the nude beach of which you speak.
Are we talking about the Sosua Bay beach, with regards to snorkeling?
If so, you can certainly swim out and you do NOT need a boat.

The Caves of Cabarete are just to the West of Cabarete and you can ask around for directions to get there.

Here's a map of Sosua that will help you to get around.

SosuaMapDownsized.jpg

Trig

Aug 20, 2006
Do we need to walk south on the beach to get to the snorkeling area? Last time, we were right by the parking lot. I've seen advertisment's for bars on the beach, but didn't see them last time. I'm also still looking for someone that I can book a fishing trip with. Any suggestions? Please PM me. Thanks.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
If you are talking about Playa Caleton for snorkeling, the beach is very small and you just go right from the water's edge at any point. They may not set up table service every day there any longer, but the last time we went was a weekday a few months back and there were people asking if we wanted anything to eat or drink.

Regarding fishing trips taken from around Sosua, I don't know of any. I have purchased fish from a fishing boat in Cabarete, but it certainly isn't a boat I would want to be in. It is the one and only boat that you will often see sitting on the beach at the eastern end of Cabarete bay near the BIC Center when it is not out fishing.

Antonio will set you up to eat on the beach any day you go. Stay away on weekends if you can. A madhouse. Weekdays are the ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.