beaches

leonard

Jun 18, 2008
Are the beaches topless? and is it something that the local people are not offended by?

lollipop

Mar 28, 2008
What do you mean no?

Las Terrenas, Punta Cana and Bavaro are full of topless girls, including me sometimes.

J

John Evans

there are the odd one or three breasts on the north coast....but its not the norm..I think you would need to be very compfortable about yourself to do it,as you would probably be a minority.

J

John Evans

i just remembered - you were taking your wife/girlfriend "up the punta cana"...so the north coast comment doesnt apply...I dont know what they do down there.....Im guessing there may be more breasts

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Here is the beginning of that thread.
http://www.dr1.com/forums/general-stuff/73727-topless-sunbather.html

Leonard, lollipop.
There are no nude beaches around here except for the Titty City Nudist resort in Cabrera, to the best of my knowledge.
If you choose to pull them out and expose them, some might enjoy, some might object, but it definitely won't mean that it's now a topless beach.

Jan 5, 2006
If you're on the beach in front of your resort, it's no big deal. If you're on a regular beach with Dominicans, it won't be appreciated to say the least. ;)

lollipop

Mar 28, 2008
topless is not nude.
And like Hipocrito says it depends where you're at.
I lived for several year at Villas Bavaro and they have their private beach, it was very common to see several women topless, I used to do it as well because I hate those top marks. Every time I go to Soles at Los Corales Beach (public beach) there's several women topless.
Here at Las Terrenas you can see them from the road and nobody seem to mind about it.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
topless is not nude.
And like Hipocrito says it depends where you're at.
I lived for several year at Villas Bavaro and they have their private beach, it was very common to see several women topless, I used to do it as well because I hate those top marks. Every time I go to Soles at Los Corales Beach (public beach) there's several women topless.
Here at Las Terrenas you can see them from the road and nobody seem to mind about it.
I suppose it's all a matter of perception and I clearly do not perceive a beach as being topless, just because some tourists do it, but that's just my opinion, so if you don't mind, would you be so kind as to answer the OP, maybe give him/her a list of known topless beaches, and your opinion of whether the locals might get offended.
Gracias.

lollipop

Mar 28, 2008
I suppose it's all a matter of perception and I clearly do not perceive a beach as being topless, just because some tourists do it, but that's just my opinion, so if you don't mind, would you be so kind as to answer the OP, maybe give him/her a list of known topless beaches, and your opinion of whether the locals might get offended.
Gracias.
TRue.

Are the beaches topless? and is it something that the local people are not offended by?
What part of the country are you going to?
Are you staying at a resort or not?