Best Place To Exchange Currency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Busy_Bee

Feb 17, 2008
Anyone know what is the best place to exchange currency in Sosua besides the airports? because I know they give you the worst rate.
I tried my bank here but they are giving less than the market at 32 pesso's to the dollar.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Caribe Express down the street from the stop light in Charimicos always gives one of the best rates, there are other places but this is easy to find. Also they are open Sundays in the AM, sometimes later.

Today they were giving 34.05.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Anyone know what is the best place to exchange currency in Sosua besides the airports? because I know they give you the worst rate.
I tried my bank here but they are giving less than the market at 32 pesso's to the dollar.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
You can get over 34 almost anywhere in Sosua and best rates vary from day to day.
If you're changing large sums and need a contact, you can PM to find out who's giving the best rate that day.

LoboNegro

Feb 5, 2008
Check out this place right across the street from Bancamerica...its right in the same gated area as Orange, the cell phone place.

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
Like Rocky said, on any given day the difference in rates from one cambio to the next are almost insignificant unless you are exchanging quite a large sum. I would add that my experience has also been that the rates at the airport aren't really that bad, and for exchanging a small sum on arrival in the country, the convienence may be more than worth getting a tenth or 2 less than in town. To be sure, just check here on DR1 the day before you leave to know if the rate at the airport is out of line.

BTW, 32 from your bank at home is actually pretty good, but it still doesn't make good sense when you can get 34 on arrival.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Of the local banks Banco Santa Cruz seems to have the best rates. Posted rate yesterday 34.05

Bob K

Status
Not open for further replies.