Dominican Hairdressers in or near Vancouver, Canada

ramor

Jun 19, 2008
Hi, I recently moved to Chilliwack, BC, Canada, (about an hour outside Vancouver) and am looking for a Dominican hairdresser/salon in or around Vancouver. Or if anyone knows where a Dominican community would be, I could start there.

JGPolanco

Dec 10, 2009
Hi ramor

My wife and i live in Kamloops (about 3 hours from Vancouver) and we visit Vancouver pretty often. We are Dominicans and have been here since feb 09. We are also in the infinite search for Dominicans. My wife wants another girl to keep chating with and i'm looking for a couple of guys to play Dominoes!!

Here in kamloops we have found so far 2 dominican girls, their husbands have lived in DR for a while so they understand the lingo and apreciate the culture, so i can say they are dominican-canadian.

Please write back as we Dominican need each other to keep the cultural ties allways alive in our stay in foreign lands.

Jose Polanco

CanWest66

May 11, 2008
Canada
My wife is Dominican and she has only been in Canada since October. We live in the Vancouver area. As far as I can tell there are very few Dominicans in these parts. As far as hair salons go I have not found a Dominican or Latin salons but there are a number of African salons in the area that I thought of trying.

If you check out the other two threads re: Dominicans in Vancouver, we and Mike and Nelfa have posted there.

The other option is perhaps my wife might be willing to do some hair dressing. She has some experience but it is not her profession, but her sister in Santiago is and excellent hair dresser.

Cheers,

Tom.