Has Anyone imported "Container and vehicle"

Christobal

Nov 28, 2006
www.allaffair.com
I was curious to see if any dr1 members have brought in a container and vehicle through the dr 168 law. I got residency last year and I am ready to payoff my personal vehicle that i have had in my name for almost two years to ship to the dr. Is it worth it to actually use this program, where can I get info on this program, and any advice from others who have done it. After travelling back and forth for the past year I have brought in mostly everything I need and don't really need the container, but need the vehicle.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
If you got your residency last year I am afraid you might be out of the time frame to ship the car with decreased taxes. Better check it out and be prepared to pay full tax on it. I think you had 6 months for your one time exoneration. Also if you shipped a container already then you are truely out of luck.

BObK

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Does anyone know a good shipping company for a vehicle from florida to dominican republic?
I'm from Tampa, and used Robert Stephenson @ Stephenson International Shipping, 813-241-6576, to ship a Minibus, and a very large 14' x 7' double-axel cargo trailer full of stuff to Rio Haina. They did a fine job.