Problems with shareholder

chicalinda2008

Jun 21, 2008
I am sitting at home,and unable to contact my lawyer because they are closed, but my nerves are killing me.

We have a small company in Bavaro, it began in 2007. We have done quite well. about 8 months ago, we decided to let a 'person' join us, as she seemed to be eager to really work with us and succeeding.

She had nothing to invest at the time, but we agreed that when she received her first commissions the money would be deducted. We gave her 24% of the shares.

Now, many months later, and a 18,000us$ debt with us (personal and Company) she has stolen from the company, she has drained the company's bank account, and has done nothing but smear our name across town, and has caused considerable to us personally and professionally.

We finally told her, in a very diplomatic way to please separate, and she can start her own company. She agreed. Even in writing she aggreed to pay us by certain times, that never happen.

Finally she agreed to meet with us and told us that she wants US$25,000 cash or she will sue us for ppsychlogical damages!!!! We were shocked!

This is a person that had absolutely nothing when we found her and gave her a wonderful opprotunity to make some money- although she has just gotten into more debt (which I think it is why she is nervous now about leaving the company)

Since last monday our lawyers were just preparing to go over the numbers to give her an offer

Everytime we go to work she sends in people, 'lawyers' different ones each time, and they make a scene in the office. Every time she adds another absur lawsuit. We just simply do not know what to do anymore. We just feel as if she is trying to milk us for everything we have.

She has been here for 7 years, from Europe, we have only been here a little over a year. She claims she will get anything she wants because she has a cedula. Is this true?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
If life brings you a battle, in which your opponent is not fighting fair, you cannot expect to win by playing fair yourself.
It would be as useless as bringing a baseball glove to a football game.
Either you are prepared to fight dirty and have the resolve to take it to the end, no matter how ugly it gets, or it is better to not battle at all.
Conscience problems may not allow you to fight dirty, in which case, you have lost.
These are matters that only you can evaluate and decide.
Either you are willing to play as dirty a game as your opponent, or not.
Make that evaluation first.
If you do decide to fight dirty too, don't tell anyone about it, specially not on a public forum the internet.

chicalinda2008

Jun 21, 2008
Hi Rocky,
Of course not- this is why I am not mentioning any names-or nature of the company.

You are right about the playing dirty, I hate conflicts, but we were just beginning to negotiate and she just went straight to the crazy things.

I suppose I need to wait until Monday until the lawyer's office opens.
But what we were told by this aguacils was that because she has a cedula we have no chance- is this true?

I am not worried about too much in the company because we have everything in paper signed and acknowledged by this person- but I just hate conflicts.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Hi Rocky,
Of course not- this is why I am not mentioning any names-or nature of the company.

You are right about the playing dirty, I hate conflicts, but we were just beginning to negotiate and she just went straight to the crazy things.

I suppose I need to wait until Monday until the lawyer's office opens.
But what we were told by this aguacils was that because she has a cedula we have no chance- is this true?

I am not worried about too much in the company because we have everything in paper signed and acknowledged by this person- but I just hate conflicts.
Yes, she has an advantage over you, being an actual resident of the country. (It can also mean that the aguacil is in her pocket, know what I mean?)
Sometimes, one can calculate/estimate how much it is worth to resolve the problem and find someone who can make that happen.
Disclaimer: I am not advocating anything illegal or violent.

PS: It may be better to discontinue this online public conversation.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
May I ask what line of business you are in chicalinda? It is conceivable that this person has operated in like manner here on the North Coast or in Santo Domingo or Juan Dolio & (once denounced) had to 'move on' to a new area. Someone might be able to give a good guess as to who this person may be (couple of ideas going through MY head right now! :cheeky: ! :ermm: !)

Are you able to tell us the nationality of this person without giving too much away? Those who have responded to you on this thread SO FAR, are truly honourable people & will be totally trustworthy should you decide to put a name to them via e-mail!!

YES the con merchant DOES have an advantage if they have residencia & you do not BUT that is mainly because to bring a lawsuit & involve lawyers they do not have to put up bond money - YOU do!! Be careful with your choice of lawyer. The one you have now may be absolutely great at putting businesses together, conveyancing & paperwork legalities but you need a 'Dirty Fighter' lawyer, someone who will dig deep & present a VERY nasty picture about this person & her history.

I wish you all the luck in the world & hope you manage to sort it out without losing any more money! ~ Grahame.