Good Night Life, In the middle of something and Good Price.... anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 5, 2004
Hey Guys,

Going to Puerto Plata for a couple of nights and was looking for a decently priced hotel which has a good night life and is close to town so that we can walk around. The girl whom with I am traveling with has never been to the Dominican so... sightseeing would be nice. I was thinking about the Barcelo Puerto Plata, the Riu's in PP and Allegro. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Hey Guys,

Going to Puerto Plata for a couple of nights and was looking for a decently priced hotel which has a good night life and is close to town so that we can walk around. The girl whom with I am traveling with has never been to the Dominican so... sightseeing would be nice. I was thinking about the Barcelo Puerto Plata, the Riu's in PP and Allegro. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

The DOMINICAN REPUBLIC.........

The RIU Bachata was nice, nothing extraordinary but clean, comfortable, and the beach was beautiful. I was only there half a day so I couldn't tell you much, but I am looking forward to taking my kids there. I went online and the pricing is reasonable.
SHALENA

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
The Rui hotels are no where near town. The other two are in Playa Dorada also not near town, but does have its own tourist shopping area.
If you really want to be near town and go to the local restaurants, shops, bars, clubs etc you will be better off in Cabarete or Sosua.

Bob K

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Hey Guys,

Do yourself a favour and take Bob K's suggestion.
Go to Cabarete instead.
It's no farther from the POP airport to go to Cabarete than to go to Puerto Plata and it's a 1,000 times better for you and your girlfriend.
PS: The country is not called the Dominican. The Dominican is a person, just as the Canadian and the American are people, not countries.
It is called the Dominican Republic, mostly referred to as "The DR".

Jun 5, 2004
Thanks Guys for the suggestion I would be looking for something in the Cabarete Sosua area if worst comes to worst then playa dorada with the tourist shopping area.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
About that Dominican she has never been in....do you know him or is he a figment of your imagination???

Yeah, I know, I am beating a dead horse, but geez,dude,you have been posting here long enough to know that the Grammar Police will get on your case!!!

Go with Cabarete.

HB

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Shalena getting aplatana already...I'm impressed.

I agree about the Riu resorts suggestion.

Yeah,LOL, something has happened because now when I hear or see that...my right eye starts twitching and I get a case of the shakes. LOL:D

bart6

Aug 17, 2007
check out Nanny Estates, it is a condo development but good for a couple, near Cabarete and has some charm. . just google it you will find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.