What are her rights?

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
I have no idea how this issue was resolved, but I wanted to post the details to find out if this woman has any recourse legally.

A woman shoots an intimate video with her then-boyfriend. They break up. He's not happy about it and presents the video to her next boyfriend with the intent of wrecking their relationship.

She tells her current boyfriend that she did not know what he was up to, that the camera must of been hidden.

He is not convinced, as she is seen smiling right into the camera. She finally fesses up but too late. The relationship is over.

The ex-boyfriend who shot the video promises to show it to every and any boyfriend in the future. He tells her if he can't have her, no one else will.

Legally, what would her rights be? The guy in question lives in the states and she in the DR.

Because she agreed to shoot the video, does this give him the right to show it to others, especially current boyfriends for the sole purpose of ruining any chance she may have of getting married and leaving the country?

She works in a tourist area if this makes any difference.

Theforceinme

Oct 19, 2007
www.facebook.com
Me thinks she needs a bf who can tolerate the fact that she made a mistake. I wouldn't break up with my gf just because someone provides nude pictures/videos of her (of her past). She didn't do anything wrong, right?

I don't know much about legal issues, but this seems like a sexual harassment or blackmail type thing?

sylindr

Nov 29, 2007
the ex-boyfriend only has as much power as she gives him...if she is up front with people at the beginning I can't imagine a decent man would judge her she did this while in a relationship, she just needs a man to tell the ex to take a hike even if she could set something up with a friend. If the ex realizes that it is not going to stop her from moving on he might just decide to move on also.