Renting a Safe Deposit Box in Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

vevy

Feb 14, 2006
Yesterday I visited Banker Trust in Sosua to rent a safe deposit box. Greeted by a friendly and knowledgeable receptionist, I filled out the necessary paperwork, presented my passport, was informed as to sizes of boxes available and prices, paid, and was given the key to the box of my choice. The receptionist then directed me to the vault, assisted with the opening procedure and then stepped outside. Inside the vault (alone), I was free to transact my business with no noise, no prying eyes, and no time limitation. As I remember, the vault had one very nice long table, with two chairs and a lamp. When ready to depart, I rang the bell, the door was immediately opened, the safe deposit box was replaced and locked and the vault closed. My business was finished. FAST, EFFICIENT with no waiting or lines. So... thank you BANKER TRUST for providing a most needed and secure service as well as making this business transaction the "smoothest" I have yet encountered in the Dominican Republic.

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Offer three (3) sizes of safe deposit boxes:

Small 3" X 5" $295 US per year
Medium 5" X 5" $395 US per year
Large 10" X 10" $695 US per year

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Offer three (3) sizes of safe deposit boxes:

Small 3" X 5" $295 US per year
Medium 5" X 5" $395 US per year
Large 10" X 10" $695 US per year

These prices are pretty high. BHD charges 100US for a medium size safe deposit box.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Puerta Plata. I do not know if you need an account. You can call at

809-586-8444. Marisol is the manager.

If you need an account, why not open one with a few thousand pesos. You are still saving a ton.

Caz

May 15, 2004
Bankers Trust safe deposit boxes are good but very expensive - and the mail service they supply is not good. For 3 months we received none of the mail posted to us, and their checking system provided no results whatsoever - no tracking at all. Not worth the money imho!

Seachange

Jan 13, 2004
www.Banker-Trust.com
Privacy

These prices are pretty high. BHD charges 100US for a medium size safe deposit box.

There is a greater degree of financial privacy at Banker Trust than BHD or other banks. With Banker Trust unlike a bank, you are not required to open an account or fill out an application where your name and other personal information can end up in a public credit report. Also, there are no cameras or bank personnel following you into their vault.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
There is a greater degree of financial privacy at Banker Trust than BHD or other banks. With Banker Trust unlike a bank, you are not required to open an account or fill out an application where your name and other personal information can end up in a public credit report. Also, there are no cameras or bank personnel following you into their vault.

Yes, but there was a private safe deposit place similar to this in South Florida once. About five years after they opened there was a robbery. Everything was gone, including the owners.

Not inferring the same here, but for me I will take a secure bank for a safe deposit box anytime over a private place.

Just my two Pesos, not interested in a debate.

Seachange

Jan 13, 2004
www.Banker-Trust.com
Secure bank?

Yes, but there was a private safe deposit place similar to this in South Florida once. About five years after they opened there was a robbery. Everything was gone, including the owners.

Not inferring the same here, but for me I will take a secure bank for a safe deposit box anytime over a private place.

Just my two Pesos, not interested in a debate.

Secure bank? Does the name Baninter ring any bells??? The country is still trying to dig itself out of that one. And what happened to customer safe deposit boxes? The contents were moved to a central location and people were invited to make claims. I would imagine many didn't show up for fear of revealing things that they wished were kept private.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Seachange
At Banker Trust we bring in a large volume of client packages on a daily basis and have never had a problem. However, we've had clients who have tried to do it themselves and regretted the experience. While these experiences were not as dramatic as reported here, these people were "held up."

You conveniently neglected to mention you are obviously affiliated with Bankers Trust.

No wonder you defend it, you probably own it. This is against Forum Rules to hype your own business, even if you pay for advertising.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.