amstaff/pit bull puppies??

Jun 15, 2008
hey guys,

wonder if anyone can help me - is it true that it is very hard to find american staffordshire terrier puppies in DR? I read so on one post, but it was old though, like from the year 2004 or something... have things changed in these years?

Oh, and pls, don't bother with negative comments about amstaffs/pit bulls, cuz it would be a waste of your time :)

I really, really, REALLY want to get me one, can u pls help me in any way? any city/campo of the island is ok, i'd go anywhere to get me one :)

thnx!

dymmach

Feb 9, 2007
I've looked for three years and no luck.

Wish I could bring one from home.

We have the best blues in L.A.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
I have a male

It is my understanding that its illegal in the DR to breed any of what is considered the "pit bull" family which includes Am Staffs, American Pit Bull Terriers and Staffordshire Bull Terriers. I brought my pure bred Staff Bull Terrier into Santo Domingo from Miami two years ago without a problem. All of the pit family dogs I have seen here are very poor examples of the breed with many faults. They do not make very good watch dogs as its very dangerous to encourage agression towards people in these animals. My dog is big and heavily muscled, looks scary but would not hurt a fly. The neighborhood kids love the fact that he looks so scary and yet is so loving and are forever reaching through the fence to play with him.

trabajadora

Aug 29, 2007
Well my baby is only partially Pit so maybe that's why he's not so aggressive with people. It's another story when it comes to other dogs, cows, horses, and donkeys. He shows a ton of aggression towards dogs that he do esn't know, but I think with the cows, horses and donkeys he just likes to play and antagonize them. He doesn't go after hens/roosters or the little chicks either. But man do I wish he was aggressive towards people he doesn't know like he is with the dogs he doesn't know. Maybe the intruder who robbed my house on Tuesday would be missing a body part!

dymmach

Feb 9, 2007
I want to bring mine here, but I fly back and forth alot.

I can't find anyone ( I can trust ) to take care of him while gone.

He's a pedigree 3 y.o., 92 pds all muscle, block head, red nose and great attitude. He's names RUFF.

He's a member of my family and needs to be treated as such.

I don't think I would breed him here because the DR allows bird fights which I oppose.

I'm Strongly for animal rights and against any cruelty.

price list for top of the line pits: First picks

Blues $2000us
Reds $1500-2000us
brindle $500-$1000us

Jun 15, 2008
thnx guys for all the info... it doesn't make me happy though... :(
how about bringing a pit from the US? any restrictions on airlines on that particular breed?