Jfk - Sdq

GALK

Mar 12, 2006
Due to the cancellation of flights from JFK to SDQ by AA, I will loose my connection.
I could fly to Newark (arrival 8 30 pm plus immigration) and take the late flight of JetBlue (midnight) at JFK.

Maybe someone could advise:
1) What options do exist?
2) Only carry on lugguage
3) How much time would I need from Airport to Airport (evening hours)?

Thanks,
GALK

CJnNJ

Aug 7, 2005
Though 3.5 hours seems like enough time to transfer airports.. it's really cutting it pretty close.

A lot depends on what day you're arriving. Thursday-Sunday is notoriously bad for arrival/departures *AND* you're traveling between two of the most congested airports in the country, meaning arrival time in JFK is anybody's guess. Traffic from JFK to EWR can be bad as well. (It's not a pretty story, sorry)

Good news is, since you only have carry on, it's probably best to consider the train from JFK to EWR. There's a lot of changing lines (MTA,LIRR,PATH,NJ Transit) involved but, you'd avoid the car traffic. I don't know the exact route to do so, but a google search should point you in the right direction.

If price isn't an issue you might consider taking the copter from JFK to EWR

Good Luck

CJ

Last edited:

GALK

Mar 12, 2006
Travel days are thursdays and fridays, so it's even worse.
I will look for a different routing.
Thanks'
GALK

Fernandez

Bronze
Jan 4, 2002
Just an idea
From Newark Liberty Airport you can take the local airport terminal shuttle (AIRTRAIN) directly and for free to New Jersey Transit, where you can purchase a ticket on NJTransit to Penn Station, New York. From there, the best option is to take the subway (#9) to Grand Central and walk to the Park Avenue JFK airport bus stop.

From Newark (after customs) to Grand Central project 45 minutes to 1 hour. From there to JFK- another hour.

good luck

peep2

Bronze
Oct 24, 2004
Since you are arriving Newark late evening you might consider just staying at that airport and catching the 6:45AM flight to SDQ on Continental.

There is a service called Princeton Airporter which runs a limo service between jfk and ewr. I think it costs about $25 and takes aroundan hour and a half.

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Did You Already Has Ticket With Aa...
Just Talk To Them...if There No Way For Them To Give You A Diret Flight To Dr...they Need To Provide You With Hotel Acomodation Or To Sent You Via Another Air Carrier.
Ps..sorry For My Upper Cap Latter....has Some Problem With Hotel Keyboard In Chile....דשצךחף'קרא'קאךחגש98ןךךדח

drlady

Jul 1, 2008
If you have a ticket with AA, they will protect you on the first available flight and/or provide hotel accomodations...or even protect you on another carrier...Good Luck!!

GALK

Mar 12, 2006
Thanks' to all.

I've got a ticket with JetBlue on the midnight flight from JFK, but luckily I found a new flight from Frankfurt to JFK which arrives at 8pm, so I'm fine.

Thanks' for the proposals,
GALK