law and defense

megabiteme

[ - Mute Button -] Click!
Jan 9, 2008
hello fellow dr1's I finally got my wife's car back on the road for those of you who know the story. so now I need some advice on something very important. We had to pick up my wife's son from her moms and I waited in the car. There was this dude with one arm standing next to our car on the side walk while I was sitting inside waiting. He bent over to take a look to see who was in the car and we made eye contact for about 2 seconds. I was getting concerned because he was just standing there and I could tell by his waist movement that he kept looking both ways from right to left. He than reached into his pocket and all I saw was something shinny. To me that was a no brainier thinking it was a knife. he took whatever it was out of his pocket and palmed it behind his back since I could see his arms and hands easy from my point of view. Well, I didn't wait to see what he was going to do, So I grabbed our steering wheel lock and asked him tu quiero a problema comigo as I raised the wheel lock towards him. he didn't say nothing and walked away.

Long story short, my wife knows this guy as a trouble maker in the area here. I would like to know what could happen to me if I decided to jump on this mother f-er since I know he was waiting to either kill me or at the very least rob me. I have seen him many times before and I know I will see him again. He has been in and out of jail and the reason he has only one arm is because he was caught sealing and the person cut his arm off according to what my wife has told me. Now, for me, i don't play games!!! I'm a big dude anyway and I'm thinking the next time that I see him, I'm gonna give him a beaten so he understands me very clear. He is known to have 2 or 3 other guys with him when he does crap like this, but that night I saw him alone, but who really knows. So, I would like to know what could happen to me by the police If I did something to this jerk on my own or if I was attacked. I know it's only a matter of time before he makes another move on me when I go over there for family business. So should I let him know the next time I see him? or wait to see If I'm gonna get jumped the next time. Keep in mind, the story is he's nothing but a trouble maker and has a bad rap sheet so I am told.

Thanks for the feed back on this very important issue. i think my wife could be in danger now as well since he has seen us together many times. I think he will think that she has money because I'm an American. I would like to make the first move at this point, but fear about what could happen to me police wise. thanks Anthony

GringoCArlos

Retired Ussername
Jan 9, 2002
Maybe the better choice in the future is to give your mother-in-law cab or guagua fare so she can bring the kid to you, and then feed her,and just stay the heck out of that sector.

He's got nothing to lose, but you do!!! Why go back looking for trouble, and more material for a novella?

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
I wouldn't risk a Court appearance if I were you. You're not going to be the ..............er..........most consistent of witnesses. :cheeky:
I am extremely concerned about megabiteme's bad back. Surely getting involved in a fight would cause it FAR more damage - almost to the extent of not being to get up in the mornings. Let's face it, he needs medications NOW to make it through the day. :ermm:
(for those having difficulty following this logic, do a search on megabiteme's earlier posts & you will see the hardships he has with his disability pension!) ~ Grahame.

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
how does the family deal with this guy? i would think that since this is their neighborhood they would know him or someone bigger than him that can either introduce you, befriend the guy with a beer, or warn the guy that you are a loco gringo and will kill him.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Yo Anthony,

Replies numbers 3, 4 and 5 are excellent/perfect advice.
#6 is good for you, if you are unable to control your aggressive nature, and would also be considered as excellent advice, if you feel incapable of backing off and playing it safe.
If the thread was closed now, you would have your responses, except for 1.
The actual question you asked us,
So, I would like to know what could happen to me by the police If I did something to this jerk on my own or if I was attacked.
You would definitely be in trouble and under arrest.
What would happen after is anybody's guess, but one thing for sure, it will cost you lots and lots of money, something that you have little of at this time, so it makes replies 3, 4 & 5, that much more appealing.

Jan 5, 2006
Unless you have a close relative or very good friend in the police or military, who can provide protection, you will get in more trouble than you want to know. Like Rattus told you, stay away. If he's such a troublemaker, it won't be long before he involuntarily disappears; either the police or someone else in the neighborhood will see to it. ;)

megabiteme

[ - Mute Button -] Click!
Jan 9, 2008
Its ruff! the in laws have no transportation and for myself, I never go looking for trouble at all, I'm that guy that Say's hello to everyone, but I am also that guy that takes no crap from others when confronted. Its so hard for me here and I know if this was the states, I would have just called 911 at the time all of this happened. Anyway, I'm not and feel that its all for one and one for all being here. It not right at all for this to happen and it would not be fair not to do something and God forbid a woman or child got hurt or killed by the SOB. Maybe next time I see him walking, I'll just give him a little nudge with the car --oops! ;) listen, thanks for the feed back, I do tend to get a little crazy when I know somebody is trying to mess with me and I think all of you folks here would act the same way as i did or want to do. Its just a damn shame.

Long story short, My wife's father still suffers from being jumped 5 years ago. he's 75 years old now. So that is some sick crap going on here and now he has a permanent disability and loss of feeling in his right arm and shoulder. So this is where I had the thought of taking care of business before something like that could happen to me or my family. I live 2 blocks over from this street as well, so who knows if this dude knows where we live as well. Maybe we can do some Dominican justice here and pay some of the guys at the local corner market 600 pesos to give this guy a beaten ;) Am I thinking clear now? lol I got that idea from a person that lives 2 houses down from me that speaks English. Go figure the thought process---I appreciate everyone's concern and thanks brushbaby! Sometimes I let my mind try to forget my body's condition. thanks again! God bless, Anthony

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Dude...honestly if you can just move or stay away, because no good is going to come out of this. I don't know that you'd find someone to give a beating to anyone for 600 pesos, but either way he's going to know soon enough that you ordered it and then come after you and your family.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
So I grabbed our steering wheel lock and asked him tu quiero a problema comigo as I raised the wheel lock towards him. he didn't say nothing and walked away.
As a rule you have gained his respect and should have no more problems.