Honeymoon Places in Puerto Plata Area

holita

Jun 6, 2006
I was wondering if anyone has any information on the following resorts for Honeymoons in Puerto Plata. Thank you!

Sun Village Resort in Cofresi
Maxim Bungalows in Confresi
BlueBay Resort in Puerto Plata

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Search the board on each of these, they have been reviewed.

One observation for you, BlueBay is adults only if that helps....

Charlielyn

Bronze
Jul 31, 2005
Blue Bay has amazing food, pool and beach bar service to your sun lounger, huge pool bar, romantic sun beds for 2, relaxing pool music, no children, and special rooms with jacuzzi. Blue Bay is great value for your money. A perfect place for a honeymoon.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
If you want to go a bit more upmarket since it is your honeymoon, I would definately go to the Maxim Bungalows in Cofresi. They are truly spectacular and cant be compared to the other 2 properties you mention...must my opinion.

AmyH

Dec 5, 2006
Sun Village is on the same property of Maxim Bungalows. MB is new very new it is beautiful awesome rooms but MB is expensive so if that is a worry I would go to Sun Village and stay in a Spa room they are also beautiful you wont be disappointed with SV. I have also stayed at Blue bay and it is nice but it doesnt come close to SV or MB but it is a lot cheaper than both but I would recommened SV.

holita

Jun 6, 2006
Thanks everyone!

Yes, I should add that price is not a problem. We want the best! We hope we only have one honeymoon, so we want to make it memorable! So, looks like all the places are nice... Thanks so much for the information!

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Yes, I should add that price is not a problem. We want the best! We hope we only have one honeymoon, so we want to make it memorable! So, looks like all the places are nice... Thanks so much for the information!

Good attitude in the circumstances...keep us posted of your decision.

portrushbear

Jul 8, 2008
When i was looking for my holiday it was between the blue bay and gran ventana, ended up booking the gran ventana, wee bit more expensive and the reviews i read at the time were better for it, liked the idea of adults only in the blue bay though

holita

Jun 6, 2006
So we are between the Blue Bay and the Sun Village.

We got a quote of 1700 dollars for 4 nights at the Sun Village in the Spa Room, which I think is a great deal. Or the Blue Bay for 1200. Though money is not an issue, I want to spend our money well. I want the best for the money. Any suggestions as to which we should choose.;)

holita

Jun 6, 2006
Update

So I have added Iberostar to the list of contenders. I called the hotel and they were so welcoming and seemed to have the best food options...Brazilian, Mexican and Tropical...our three favorite types of foods!

So does anyone have an suggestions on this hotel...

We are still between the Blue Bay Villas, The Sun Village, and now the Iberostar...thanks!

We are looking for what hotel has the best food, service, pool, and quality. We do not drink so that is not important, and the honeymoon is in January so the beach is cold, so that is not too important either! Thanks!;)

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
and the honeymoon is in January so the beach is cold, so that is not too important either! Thanks!;)

A little cooler than right now I suspect but still plenty of sunshine and the opportunity to get a suntan even in January here....