Bus from Luper?n to Santo Domingo

Status
Not open for further replies.

cindysisland

Jun 25, 2008
I understand there is a Transporte de Cibao bus directly from Luper?n to Santo Domingo once a day at 1:30pm, arriving around 5:30pm. Is that still the case?

Is there an alternative that would arrive in Santo Domingo earlier in the day? I could take a guagua to Imbert and catch a bus there.

I noticed on the Caribe Tours website that they offer a bus FROM Santo Domingo every hour that crosses through Imbert. Is there bus TO Santo Domingo that crosses through Imbert?

Thank you,
--gray

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I understand there is a Transporte de Cibao bus directly from Luper?n to Santo Domingo once a day at 1:30pm, arriving around 5:30pm. Is that still the case?

Is there an alternative that would arrive in Santo Domingo earlier in the day? I could take a guagua to Imbert and catch a bus there.

I noticed on the Caribe Tours website that they offer a bus FROM Santo Domingo every hour that crosses through Imbert. Is there bus TO Santo Domingo that crosses through Imbert?

Thank you,
--gray
Both Caribe Tours and Metro busses to & fro Santo Domingo, go through Imbert, but to the best of my knowledge, neither stops there.
They are express busses.
You would have to go to POP or Santiago, to catch either one.
Please do let us know about the Cibao direct bus, if you ever find out about it.

EnclineDesigns

Aug 21, 2007
web.mac.com
Both Caribe Tours and Metro busses to & fro Santo Domingo, go through Imbert, but to the best of my knowledge, neither stops there.
They are express busses.
You would have to go to POP or Santiago, to catch either one.
Please do let us know about the Cibao direct bus, if you ever find out about it.

You are correct, neither Caribe or Metro stop in Imbert. However Javiila Tours does stop in Imbert so it is an option to take their bus to Santiago, then catch either Caribe or Metro to Santo Domingo. My recommendation is to take Metro, much better buses and drivers for only a few bucks difference.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
You are correct, neither Caribe or Metro stop in Imbert. However Javiila Tours does stop in Imbert so it is an option to take their bus to Santiago, then catch either Caribe or Metro to Santo Domingo. My recommendation is to take Metro, much better buses and drivers for only a few bucks difference.
I have heard that said, many times, about Metro being better than CT, but they don't seem to run as frequently, so it may not always be convenient.

I wonder if we'll get a response to the OP's question, about a direct bus from Luperon.
Surely it would be no more complicated than asking in the town square where the public vehicles converge to pick up their passengers.
Someone there will know for sure.

EnclineDesigns

Aug 21, 2007
web.mac.com
I have heard that said, many times, about Metro being better than CT, but they don't seem to run as frequently, so it may not always be convenient.

I wonder if we'll get a response to the OP's question, about a direct bus from Luperon.
Surely it would be no more complicated than asking in the town square where the public vehicles converge to pick up their passengers.
Someone there will know for sure.

You are correct that they don't run as often as Caribe but we always opted to wait or work our travel to be able to catch a Metro. It was just worth it to us.

I do hope that the OP responds. I want to say there is no direct bus from Luperon because I never recall seeing anything other then guaguas running the roads to and from Luperon but I do not know for sure to say whether or not they run direct. Vamos a ver.

El Viejo

Jan 2, 2002
I've been on Caribe a few times and the bus did stop to discharge passengers in Imbert and Montellano. I don't know for sure but I think if you talk to the driver he will let you off wherever you want.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I've been on Caribe a few times and the bus did stop to discharge passengers in Imbert and Montellano. I don't know for sure but I think if you talk to the driver he will let you off wherever you want.
I've heard of them doing that too, but getting them to stop to board, is another matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.